• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Hurt wasn't essential to the character and T-Bolt is very important overall. Easy choice to recast. This is certainly an ongoing issue, characters are immortal, even when they die, actors aren't.

I agree on the length issue, but I liked the style, lighting, and look. I think they all played into the Batman as detective thing

My biggest issue is Batman films as a whole have really shown that the Joker is the only real villain who can carry a story. They basically just turned the Riddler into the Joker. (and to be clear I didnt really feel that way until the last 30 mins, especially the scene between Joker and Riddler)

I agree on the length issue, but I liked the style, lighting, and look. I think they all played into the Batman as detective thing

My biggest issue is Batman films as a whole have really shown that the Joker is the only real villain who can carry a story. They basically just turned the Riddler into the Joker. (and to be clear I didnt really feel that way until the last 30 mins, especially the scene between Joker and Riddler)

There aren’t many superhero films with villains who carried the story. The Joker and Bane did so in the Nolan films. No one wants to see Batman solve riddles for 2+ hours. The MCU famously has had few villains carry a film aside from Loki, Thanos, the “Mandarin.”

One reason Batman and Batman adjacent properties like Harley Quinn worked well in a half hour format is that Batman has plenty of villains who can carry a short story. He’s also can be grounded in Gotham and have to deal with more than one at a time.

There aren’t many superhero films with villains who carried the story. The Joker and Bane did so in the Nolan films. No one wants to see Batman solve riddles for 2+ hours. The MCU famously has had few villains carry a film aside from Loki, Thanos, the “Mandarin.”

loki, thanos, mandarin, killmonger, all the [mcu] spidermen villains were all pretty good villains

CBM: The Batman (spoilers)

Kilmonger and Green Goblin were notable omissions.

There’s a difference between a good villain and carrying the movie. Few villains carry a movie. There are more good villains who don’t like Falcone, Penguin, and the Riddler in The Batman.

And Bane wasn’t a great villain but he carried the movie.

Sure. I dont disagree with this. So keep Riddler as the Riddler and either do multiple baddies (like they were already doing) or bring in Joker later. Dont make the Riddler the Joker

And the neck beards that say things like "M-she-U" are going to hate it. Win-win.

And the neck beards that say things like "M-she-U" are going to hate it. Win-win.

LOL. I’ve never heard that one before. And if that didn’t piss them off, this will.

Saw The Batman, I think it's my favorite Batman movie ever. Very much looking forward to it coming to HBO Max so I can really dive in.

Giacchino's score rivals anything Zimmer did for TDK trilogy, I think it's his best work.

I'm not Discovery's biggest fan, but the show does manage to piss off people that I like to see get pissed off. I can only imagine their heads exploding when they saw the PRESIDENT OF EARTH!!!

Very good episode, the season could have used a lot of compression though. Like, the 13 episodes could have been 4-6 and told the story without losing much.

Dead on wrt to end he President. I chuckled.

On the whole I liked S4, which I can’t really say for S1-3.

I’ve learned to take the show for what it is. Still think there’s too much crying and too many instances of NPCs explaining what’s going on to the rubes in the audience.

Back