• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I hope so but I doubt it because they already have a new Spider-Man animated series coming up.

There's a new Crisis on Infinite Earth movie on Max now. This is part 1. My assessment after watching: I doubt I'll bother with part 2.

Another brilliant episode of X-Men ‘97. Wow.

I started a X:TAS rewatch a week or so before 97 came out. I finished Season 4 last night. I watched Descent and Graduation Day right before ‘97 debuted. I plan to watch the other episodes of Season 5 and rewatch ‘97 this week.

Yeah, another great episode this week and setting up for one hell of a finale.

I'm also doing an XTAS rewatch for the first time in probably 28 years. I'm about 6 episodes into season 4. Season 3 was my least favorite as a kid and still is now. That was a bit of a slog, but 4 is righting the ship.
This week's episode of X97 (their uniforms) also reminded me of a X Men movie/failed series I watched 45937459837535 times as a kid called "Pryde of the X Men". I don't think I ever realized it wasn't the same thing; but now that I'm into the fourth season, I began thinking that Pyro, Blob, Dazzler and Kitty Pryde probably are not going to be quite as featured as I remember. Also, the banger of an intro unlocks a core memory for me.

They obviously chose to go with Jubilee in XTAS instead of Kitty, despite them having similar roles, and then completely cut out Dazzler.

Last edited:
I rented the Pryde of the X-Men pilot at Blockbuster some mid-90s summer during the XTAS run. I had never heard of it before. The guy I was with warned me it was nowhere close to XTAS and he was right. Pryde game out in late 1989 and XTAS debuted only 3 years later, but the tone reflecting the change in eras of animation couldn't have been more different. Kind of like how the gap between Superfriends and BTAS was only 6 years but it seems much longer.

Pryde of the X-Men was the basis of the X-Men arcade game. So it's weird and sad that they never made a video game out of X-TAS after five seasons. X-Men '97 is begging for a beat 'em up style game with a ton of characters, settings, and regular DLC, especially after the Motendo episode.

I heard that XTAS dropped Kitty for Jubilee because Jubilee could do more. They dropped Colossus. And Marvel asked them to add a new to the comics character named Gambit.

Watching Season 5 of XTAS now. The Phalanx 2-parter was fine. It was interesting mostly for Sinister and Magneto working with the X-Men against a common enemy. I don't ever remember seeing the Storm Front 2-parter. This was a nice surprise. Storm fell in love with a gaslighting alpha named Arkon who kidnapped...er...convinced her to help control a weather anomaly on his planet. She quickly learns that the weather problems are caused by an energy source that powers the planet. Jubilee, Cyclops, Beast, and Wolverine follow her to the planet. Storm agrees to marry Arkon. Jubilee and Storm sense the fear in the workers in the palace. The guys figure out that warships are transporting slaves from a nearby planet. All ends well.

In two episodes, this show warns us about toxic relationships, blatantly connects energy consumption to the destruction of the ozone layer, and stands up against human trafficking. Well done for an episode from the panned Season 5.

New Batman and Superman animated series coming to HBOMax

[h=1]Batman Animated Series from J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves Coming to HBO Max[/h] The powerhouse directors join DC animated universe veteran Bruce Timm for a reimagining of Caped Crusader that returns to the character's noir roots.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/batman-caped-crusader-abrams-reeves-hbo-max-1234955444/

batman.jpg

First look at Batman: Caped Crusader. The whole series releases on Amazon Prime on August 1.

It’s going to be a crazy cliffhanger with a nuts teaser.

Back