• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Same here. No way Spider-Man debuts on freaking Netflix though.

Even though Spider-Man is the type of character that would GREATLY benefit from the weekly serial treatment. So many of his best stories require a lot of building, the kind of thing television offers. Gwen Stacy dying at the end of a movie? Not that moving. Gwen Stacy dying at end of a Season 2 of a Spider-Man TV show? Gut wrenching.

Thought that the premiere of Arrow was very good, though I was a bit lost in trying to remember which characters knew the truth about which others. It's a complex universe to try to keep up with when you've been away from it for six months.

I think The Arrow writers are making a conscious effort to really change up the makeup of the show this season. Roy will take a step forward, Laurel will begin a new journey, while Lance and Diggler will take a step back, and Sara...well, we see what happened with her. I'm sure The Atom will be a big player, but I'm interested to see who else they intro this season.

Still got to catch up on Arrow. I'll do it at some point. I'm already behind on Fall TV viewing though.

Didn't miss The Flash though. Very good start.

Can't post it now but the one minute clip and quotes about basically not dumbing down the show are promising. My kids will be hyped.

The latest Big Hero 6 trailer look good. Four weeks away.

Some cool animation news.

"The Lego Movie" Batman will have a solo film in 2017. I assume this will be separate from other Lego Batman stuff.
http://www.hitfix.com/news/lego-movies-batman-to-star-in-spin-off-film-in-2017

Here is the Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series one minute teaser and the quote I was talking about.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56184
"We’ve learned what works on TV and what doesn’t," Wacker told the newspaper, explaining that one lesson is “not to underestimate the audience. "You can’t be afraid to go deeper, to explore stories and characters with some depth. This audience may be young, but it can spot a stinker a mile away.”

Big Hero 6 New Trailer

"We’ve learned what works on TV and what doesn’t," Wacker told the newspaper, explaining that one lesson is “not to underestimate the audience. "You can’t be afraid to go deeper, to explore stories and characters with some depth. This audience may be young, but it can spot a stinker a mile away."

It would be nice if that meant they learned what made Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble really annoying, but I really doubt it.

That's the hope. I've purposefully kept my boys (5 and 2) from watching the Marvel cartoons. They watched Star Wars Rebels and the adds for Spider-Man, Avengers, and Hulk came out and after each one my 2 year old said, "I want to watch that."

Another animation note: I finished Beware the Batman, the CGI animated series that finished up an abbreviated Cartoon Network run on Adult Swim. Quite good. Definitely my favorite Batman series since BTAS.

I'm curious what the "reasonable explanation" for the suit will be and how he'll get it.

It would appear that Frank Miller's "Man Without Fear" is going to be a heavy influence here. In which case I would not be surprised if we don't get the "ol' horn head" look until season two. Which I think is fine, really. MWF is a great place to start (think Batman: Year One). I think Daredevil will be a huge hit. The Frank Miller run and some of the stuff Kevin Smith did is some of the best comics I've ever read. Brutal at times, but always gripping.

For the none of you that care about Powers here's some NYCC info:

http://www.newsarama.com/22404-nycc-2014-powers-tv-with-playstation-panel-live.html

Notable
* It's a "hard R" show
* If you don't have a Playstation, tough titties for you. I wonder if a PS3 will work, which would suck because I just gave mine away.

NYCC is Bendis' playground this year. Powers is his property and he's out front for all the Marvel stuff as well.

Back to the GotG animated show, I like the style, it looks more refined than the other Marvel animation.

Is Cap 3 the start of a Civil War storyline?
http://www.hitfix.com/news/robert-d...a-3-deal-film-to-kick-off-civil-war-storyline

Rejoice, Tony Stark fans: Robert Downey Jr. is nearing a deal to star in "Captain America 3."
The "Iron Man" star is in final negotiations to reprise his role as the metallic superhero in the forthcoming Marvel threequel, in a storyline that will pit him against Chris Evans' star-spangled superhero, according to Variety.
Lifted from the "Civil War" crossover plot that spanned a seven-issue limited series in 2006-7 (and will be rebooted next year), the film will see Stark and Rogers grappling over their differences concerning the Superhero Registration Act, a program that requires anyone with superhuman abilities to register and serve as crimefighters for the U.S. government. In the comics Rogers is against the program while Stark advocates for it, casting the latter in somewhat of an antagonistic role. The storyline will be introduced in "Captain America 3," which is slated to begin production in the spring for release on May 6, 2016.
Downey, who Variety reports will receive in the ballpark of $40 million plus backend participation for starring in the threequel, is also slated to appear in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and its followup "Avengers 3" ("Iron Man 4" remains a question mark).
Tony Stark was allegedly supposed to play only a small part in the Joe and Anthony Russo-directed "Cap 3" until Downey stated his desire to take on a meatier role in the plotline, a stance initially balked at by Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter (according to the Variety article). He was ultimately swayed by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, however, leading to the impending deal.
The "Civil War" plotline is being viewed as a driver for the Marvel franchise's interlocking stories over the next seven years. Phase Three kicks off with next summer's "Ant-Man," which hits theaters on July 17, 2015. "Avengers: Age of Ultron," meanwhile, is slated for release on May 1.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/robert-d...k-off-civil-war-storyline#QDAwLURo2WmC5CGM.99

I would love that so much, though I wonder how they deal with the Spider-Man part. I thought that Civil War was a great crossover story.

Lots of varying rumors, but all of them are pretty ambitious moves by Marvel. They're bringing all their best stories from the last 30 years to life.

Back