• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Marvel's got to be telling Sony "Lend us Spider-Man to cameo in one or two movies and people will line up to see your next Spider-Man feature."

And in other news, Gotham got a full season order.

:couch:

Good point. Sharing Spidey would make billions for both companies... or at least "legitimize" another reboot for Sony.

I do wonder how much longer RDJ plans to go. Civil War and its aftermath involve a whole lot of Stark. He is the central figure in all of it.

I do wonder how much longer RDJ plans to go. Civil War and its aftermath involve a whole lot of Stark. He is the central figure in all of it.

Sounds like he's in full bore. The $$$ alone should be enticing.

All of this sounds amazing, wow.

Along with earlier rumors that Avengers 2 ends with Cap forming his own team, Cap 3 could be a new team of Avengers vs the original Avengers. This link says Cap 3 is Avengers 2.5.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/13/robert-downey-jr-bringing-civil-war-to-captain-america-3/

Batman V Superman would have sunk like a rock against this Cap 3.

Ah...the Rogers Secret Avengers vs Tony's US Government sanctioned team. That should be interesting.

Could end up with a lot of dead super heroes...who of course get brought back to life by Strange or someone wielding an Infinity stone.

Must be good to be RDJ. "Hey Robert, will you be in pretty much every movie in this universe?"

"Sure, just give me 10% of the box office for each one"

OK, I need some help. Caught the last 30 minutes of Hulk on FX last night before Gotham came on and noticed RDJ made an appearance at the end. I haven't followed these comic book movies much. What order should I start watching them in or does it matter?

Here's the Variety article mentioned above, http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

"Originally, Marvel wanted to hire Downey for a small role, which would have required just three weeks of work. But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday. This angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script entirely, according to sources with knowledge of the situation."

Seems like Perlmutter is pretty short sighted.

OK, I need some help. Caught the last 30 minutes of Hulk on FX last night before Gotham came on and noticed RDJ made an appearance at the end. I haven't followed these comic book movies much. What order should I start watching them in or does it matter?

Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Hulk
Thor 1
Cap 1
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
(Agents of SHIELD season 1 til episode End of the Beginning) tv
Cap 3
(Agents of Shield season 1 til series finale)
Guardians of the Galaxy
(Agents of SHIELD Season 2)
(Agent Carter)
Avengers 2

Iron Man , Iron Man 2, Hulk (overlaps with IM2), Thor, Cap, Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2 is the official order but doesn't really matter for each story

Here's the Variety article mentioned above, http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

"Originally, Marvel wanted to hire Downey for a small role, which would have required just three weeks of work. But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday. This angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script entirely, according to sources with knowledge of the situation."

Thankfully Kevin Feige knows what the hell he's doing. I've never heard Perlmutter's name before...I wonder if he's from Disney?

Sounds like a pencil pusher more worried about the budget than the box office.

Stark = $$$

Adding the most profitable solo character to the end of the trilogy of a less profitable solo character is a no brainer. This turns Cap 3 from an $800M movie to easily over $1B.

I think they are missing out on putting Hulk in these movies. People love that guy, just not on his own (his own movies kinda sucked).

I wonder if Marvel using Civil War is a back door way for them to account for Chris Evans eventual exit. If they follow the events of Civil War, then Cap would be assassinated, with Bucky taking up the Shield as a way to atone for his sins as the Winter Soldier. It also makes me wonder what Civil War would mean for AOS. Stark becomes the Director of SHIELD at the end of Civil War, and Coulson and Stark were never exactly friendly. My guess is Coulson and his Agents join Caps side. Then again, it might be more interesting if his team splits down the same ideological lines.

If I had to guess it probably has something to do with RDJ being wishy-washy on IM4 (presumably because that movie is awhile from now), but then wanting to take over movies coming up sooner and asking for a stake of the box office.

But seriously...$40MM? that is insane.

If I had to guess it probably has something to do with RDJ being wishy-washy on IM4 (presumably because that movie is awhile from now), but then wanting to take over movies coming up sooner and asking for a stake of the box office.

But seriously...$40MM? that is insane.

Not when Marvel is raking in a Billion every time they put a movie out. Hell, at that point it's a bargain.

After looking at that, I was curious what the highest paycheck for one movie was (including those who get % of box office).

Anyone care to guess?

Not when Marvel is raking in a Billion every time they put a movie out. Hell, at that point it's a bargain.

Right, but that's what makes me wonder why RDJ doesn't just sign on indefinitely. Become a damn billionaire RDJ.

Back