• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Final BVS trailer. Heavy Batman focus.

Rumors that WB is worried about BVS now that they're showing it to people. But they're feeling good about Suicide Squad and WW going forward but not Justice League.
http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard...d-dcs-entire-slate-be-in-jeopardy-fandemonium

Next week is a 2 hour Agent Carter.

Shocking. There are people making BUCKETS to say yes to this. I would sit in the boardroom and tell you how much this was going to suck for $100K a year.

What will be considered a success for this movie? Im assuming with international sales it will make 100 million more than it cost to make but thats a failure right?

What will be considered a success for this movie? Im assuming with international sales it will make 100 million more than it cost to make but thats a failure right?

I really don't know. I'm not sure if WB considers Man of Steel a success. I know Green Lantern wasn't. They want to start something like Marvel but that's hard to do without an Iron Man like performance.

By the way, Thinking, I PM'd you something a few weeks ago. Could you respond? If it's not in your Inbox, I can resend.

Just got back from seeing Deadpool. Holy shit, go see this movie right now. 10/10

A 100M profit would be a huge disappointment. Since I don't take lunches with WB execs, I'm not sure if "failure" is the right word, but with a budget of ~225M, earning 325M would put it closer to Green Lantern territory than Man of Steel (220M earnings/200M budge and 670M/220M respectively). (All numbers from BoxOfficeMojo.com, revenue includes international results)

I'd say the MoS earnings are the floor for BvS. If it can generate any degree of positive buzz, and I'm not even talking from critics, it should hit a Bill.

This Batman vs Superman with Wonder Woman. This should make Avengers money at least but they gave up that spot. Anything less than a Nolan Batman film should be a disappointment.

I get the feeling that BvS is going to bomb hard. The only buzz i've noticed is the ironic excitement to see how bad it will be. In comparoson, it's crazy to think about how big the Nolan franchise became. There was more pre-release buzz about Bane's voice than there is about BvS.

Yep. I get the feeling WB is finally realizing the damage they did with Man of Steel. I never got the impression they realized how bad it was and just how bad Zach Synder is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Snyder
He hasn't directed a single movie over 75% on RT and 58 on metacritic (Dawn of the Dead) and nothing over 65% on RT since that.

By comparison, Thor and The Incredible Hulk are the lowest rated MCU films on RT at 66% and 67%. Synder's ceiling is at Kevin Feige's floor.

Last edited:
Universal is taking some of that Fast and Furious money and creating their own cinematic universe.
In their attempt to replicate the super successful strategy by Marvel Studios and Warner Bros, Universal Pictures seems to be going all out to create their own version of a shared cinematic universe — of monsters. First they get Tom Cruise to kick-start the project with a Mummy reboot and now, reports have confirmed that they've signed on Johnny Depp to play The Invisible Man...if earlier rumours are to be believed, this universe could get even more A-list talent as there's a strong chance Academy Award-winner Angelina Jolie will eventually join them as the Bride Of Frankenstein...
The Mummy reboot starring Cruise is slated to release on 9 June, 2017. The film is directed by Alex Kurtzman
http://news.yahoo.com/tom-cruise-johnny-depp-angelina-111231233.html

Universal is kicking lots of ass right now.

I just don't understand why they're shoving Batman (and WW) into the MoS sequel...and it's apparently an older/retired(?) Batman that we know nothing about. I know they're doing a standalone Batfleck movie, but why not do that first then bring them together? Fear of not living up to the Nolan films?

i was cautiously optimistic when they were going to do the dark knight story line. not that i thought they would make a great movie just that the source material had potential to make a good movie. now it seems like they have shoe horned so much into it that it will be a gigantic mess.

I just don't understand why they're shoving Batman (and WW) into the MoS sequel...and it's apparently an older/retired(?) Batman that we know nothing about. I know they're doing a standalone Batfleck movie, but why not do that first then bring them together? Fear of not living up to the Nolan films?

Trying to catch up to Marvel by throwing the big guns out first. Fear of "rebooting" with a young Batman.

I'm fine with a Batman vs. Superman angle. It makes sense before the join forces. But Batman doesn't need to be old to tell such a story just because he's old in a comic telling.

For Valentine's Day, my wife and I are going to one of those theaters that have beer to see Deadpool. I love that woman.

Back