• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Krang Kang crossover?

Krang_%281987_animated_version%29.png

This post is quite the endorsement, I was going to pass on Blue Eye Samurai but you've made a compelling pitch and I'm going to check it out. Also in the cast, Mrs. Macauley Culkin, a couple that has as great a hotness disparity as there is in Hollywood (even if he is in Milwaukee filming Youtube vids with Red Letter Media these days).

Other updates:
Blue Beetle - it's a'ight. Oddly I liked the non-superhero stuff more. Why oh why in 2023 do these movies still ever follow the "the hero but bad" trope of having a villain that has the same abilities as the hero? Susan Sarandon is better in her son's Instagram vids, what a waste.

Now up to date on Invincible, including Atom Eve. Yeah Kirkman sets up to go long, that's how he rolls (see various Walking Dead series).

I saw an all-time clunker - Justice League: Warworld. When I saw it added to Max I was optimistic, DC has a lot of good animated movies on the shelf. Not this one. I'm talking 1/10. It doesn't look like it's based on a prior DC comics series so I honestly think they were trying to get some Dollar General "Secret Wars" out there for whatever reason.
Just saw Justice League: Warworld. It was awful for many reasons. For one thing, they gave away the main twist in the title. The story was disjointed and uninteresting.

Unfortunately, it looks like the setup for next year's Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part One. Three-parts set up by perhaps the worst DC animated movie.

I'm digging "What If...?" so far. There are ups and downs but overall more of the former than the latter. I truly dislike fantastical racing, whether wacky or pod, so one episode was rough for a while. I was most looking forward to the one with the Mohawk woman who acquired powers from the Tesseract and I was not disappointed.

After watching 2 Echo episodes via, let's say "alternative" means, I found out the show is on Hulu too. Just fyi for anyone else that has Hulu but not D+.

Echo was good. Much better than Secret Invasion and Moon Knight. Better than She-Hulk. Comparable to Hawkeye and a spiritual successor to the Netflix series. Alaqua Cox and Vincent D'onofrio were fantastic. Their scenes were great. Her unique relationship with the Kingpin adds tension to the show. And the origin of their relationship is fascinating. I'd love to see Season 2 or a Disney+ movie. I hope Echo shows up in the Daredevil show.

I started watching the New Rockstars breakdown, and they went deep into the Choctaw lore and aesthetics in the show.

My only problem with the show was the twist on Echo's powers was good but undercut by the lack of scenes with her cousin and grandma.

I really enjoyed Echo. I think a lot of the Marvel series have suffered due to the expectation that they would tie in or expand upon the story being told in the films and by and large, they haven't done that. Scarlet Witch introduced Photon and set up Multiverse of Madness to a degree and Loki has tie ins with Kang but for the most part, they've largely been standalone. If you remove those expectations, then the shows are more enjoyable.

Overall, I'm torn about this. On the one hand, I think more focus would be beneficial to the MCU at large. While I've certainly enjoyed the last few projects anyway, its a definite step down from the pinnacle.

On the other hand however, it seems like Shang Chi would be one that would not receive a lot of focus which is a shame because it was quite good in my opinion. It would likely be that we wouldn't have gotten Guardians early on either and I hope we don't miss out on the MCU taking some changes on lesser known franchises.

I'm curious what "stronger franchises" means. Captain Marvel was the 4th highest grossing "solo" title, yet The Marvels was a box office disappointment.

Shang-Chi didn't do great at the box office by MCU standards, but it was a strong pandemic era performance and the type of mix between action, stunts, CGI, humor, and story that the MCU needs right now. I think Shang-Chi 2 would do well.

In the absence of any real definition of "stronger franchises," it reads like white men leads and Black Panther 3 including giving RDJ a butt ton of $$$ to come back for some sort of Iron Man 4 (even though none of the Iron Man films did as well as Captain Marvel).

The Deadpool & Wolverine teaser was great. Love bringing the TVA in. Pruning the MCU/extended Marvel universes should be a fun story.

On another note, anyone else watching He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Revolution? It follows the story of Revelation which came out a few years ago. I've watched 3 of the 5 episodes and it's pretty good.

The show got me thinking about He-Man video games because I couldn't remember any. That's because there haven't been many. I found an article ranking the top games and there were only 10 and their #1 was a fan made beat 'em up from 2013. Seems like a missed opportunity. Plenty of heroes and villains with fun, unique powers.

I'm still miffed as to why they haven't at least touched base with Shang Chi in some capacity. As part of the plan or just in retrospect, ignoring him completely for 4 years seems like a bad idea given that movie was a refreshing surprise to most.

Last edited:
Saw that Madame Web is getting skewered -- as in "Morbius was better" skewered.
One review said Dakota Johnson was the BEST part of the movie, that's mind-blowing. Also, the 3 other spider-people mains don't even get powers in this movie. That's definitely...something.

I still haven't seen Morbius or Venom 2 but it really puts it in to perspective that though the MCU films of late have received poor reviews, they seem to be faring better than their Spiderverse counterparts.

This is the extent of my interest in Madame Webb - Sweeney on the red carpet. Now I'm done with it.

Back