• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
prior to NIL and the portal, it was hard to get TOO excited about 18 year olds (who may or may not attend a lot of classes) on the same campus where i (may or may not have attended classes) in the prior century.

now i feel no relationship to them at all and i'm pulling for the brand. whatever.
I would still get rock hard for a natty though.

prior to NIL and the portal, it was hard to get TOO excited about 18 year olds (who may or may not attend a lot of classes) on the same campus where i (may or may not have attended classes) in the prior century.

now i feel no relationship to them at all and i'm pulling for the brand. whatever.

Yeah at this point I’m ready for the full-on collapse of the ACC so I can move on to other emotionally damaging hobbies.

It seems like instead of spending NIL money every year, we should trot out a buncha Rudy's for 30 years, save up that NIL money, invest it in vanguard and then just have one season where we just like throw $500 mil for like 4 years of Cooper Flagg and Wemby to come to Wake

Guys, I dont feel like doing anything else today, so I am going to skip out and go pick my kids up early from daycare. I know this kind of work ethic will prevent me from owning 8 rental properties in Wilkes country some day, but that is just something I am gonna have to live with.

I treated myself to a sushi lunch, ran some errands, and now not at all motivated to prep for an interview Tuesday even though it's one I really want. But I know I'm not gonna over the weekend since we're going up to Blowing Rock so I guess I should do it.

It seems like instead of spending NIL money every year, we should trot out a buncha Rudy's for 30 years, save up that NIL money, invest it in vanguard and then just have one season where we just like throw $500 mil for like 4 years of Cooper Flagg and Wemby to come to Wake

I honestly don’t get pouring money into NIL. Putting your name on a building sure but funneling cash to a guy for 1 year just seems like not a sustainable model.

I honestly don’t get pouring money into NIL. Putting your name on a building sure but funneling cash to a guy for 1 year just seems like not a sustainable model.
College sports is and has always been revenue lunacy.

I’ll help you out with this hot lead. All cash buy this house then watch one day of whatever shit your wife wants to watch on hgtv for the latest stupid trends. Slap some fake hardwood, paint the inside grey, paint the brick white, rent for 1600 month.

Money and the semi-professionalization of college bb and fb have definitely made them less enjoyable to me.

Still donate to and root for my school. But...:(

Money and the semi-professionalization of college bb and fb have definitely made them less enjoyable to me.

Still donate to and root for my school. But...:(
I don’t know, man. The portal season feels like coaching hire season ever year. That’s about as fun as sports gets. Certainly more engaged on here than it would be just waiting on Juke and/or Sallis to make his decision.

I don't have any less interest in college sports in the NIL era. I honestly feel a little better about it knowing that the players are getting paid legally in an amount that is much closer to their actual value.

What's going to kill my college sports enjoyment is when the ACC dies and Wake inevitably goes the way of Oregon State and Washington State

I’ll help you out with this hot lead. All cash buy this house then watch one day of whatever shit your wife wants to watch on hgtv for the latest stupid trends. Slap some fake hardwood, paint the inside grey, paint the brick white, rent for 1600 month.

You know my wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back