• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what we're doing today and tomorrow- took the days of work, kids are going to daycare. The weather is total shit today, we already ran our errands (hot date to Costco and Lowes), and I might even take a nap.

When my kids were in full time daycare my wife and I both had Juneteenth off so we went to the pool and drank beers and then had a nice lunch. Watched a movie before picking up the kids that evening.

So now that we are on the topic of random birds.

I have mentioned previously that my mom has purchased a retirement home for herself in South Carolina. The way she chose to furnish this house was via estate sales on the island. Apparently the old people down there die with enough regularity that you can furnish your home from several different sources over a monthlong period. So when I visited for the first time I was welcomed by IMG_2780.jpegIMG_2779.jpegIMG_2778.jpeg

Obviously my mind went to our resident ornithologists and how he would feel about this sampling of nautical shore birds

So now that we are on the topic of random birds.

I have mentioned previously that my mom has purchased a retirement home for herself in South Carolina. The way she chose to furnish this house was via estate sales on the island. Apparently the old people down there die with enough regularity that you can furnish your home from several different sources over a monthlong period. So when I visited for the first time I was welcomed by View attachment 8777View attachment 8778View attachment 8779

Obviously my mind went to our resident ornithologists and how he would feel about this sampling of nautical shore birds
The first ones look like winter plumed Dunlin and the last one is sanderlings. The middle one is probably a bunch of generic sandpiper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back