• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gather round, mates, and I'll tell you a right corker of a tale about the time old Harv got himself lost in them caves up yonder.

Now, Harv was a bit of a character, always chasing after adventure like a dog chasing a rabbit. One fine summer's day, he decided he fancied himself a spelunker, so off he trotted with his rucksack and torch, whistling a merry tune as he ventured into the depths of the cave.

The entrance was like a great, gaping maw, swallowing him whole as he disappeared into the darkness. Harv, being Harv, didn't think to mark his way or pay much heed to the twists and turns of the passages. "I'll be right as rain," he'd said, flashing that cocky grin of his.

Well, as luck would have it, rain wasn't exactly on the horizon for old Harv. Before he knew it, he'd wandered so deep into the labyrinth that even his torchlight seemed to falter in the gloom. Panic started to gnaw at his insides like a hungry rat, but he pushed it down, determined not to let a little thing like being lost dampen his spirits.

Hours passed, or maybe it was just minutes - time has a funny way of playing tricks on you when you're lost in the dark. Harv stumbled and cursed, his bravado fading with each passing moment. He'd never been one for admitting defeat, but even he had to concede that he was well and truly lost.

Just when it seemed like all hope was lost, Harv caught a glimmer of light in the distance. His heart leapt with joy as he stumbled towards it, emerging into the daylight like a sailor washed ashore after a storm.

As he squinted against the bright sunlight, Harv couldn't help but laugh at his own foolishness. "Well, that was a bit of a to-do, wasn't it?" he chuckled, dusting himself off as if he hadn't just had the scare of his life.

And so, with a newfound appreciation for the simple pleasure of sunlight on his face, Harv made his way back home, vowing never to underestimate the power of a cave to humble even the boldest of adventurers.

Judge is not fucking around with SBF today at his sentencing. Hammered him for witness tampering & multiple instances of perjury. Sounds like he may go above the sentencing guidelines.

Judge is not fucking around with SBF today at his sentencing. Hammered him for witness tampering & multiple instances of perjury. Sounds like he may go above the sentencing guidelines.
I don't understand that level of greed. Like, you could make more money than you could ever spend in a lifetime without risking spending the rest of your life in jail. What is the draw?

I don't understand that level of greed. Like, you could make more money than you could ever spend in a lifetime without risking spending the rest of your life in jail. What is the draw?

It's malignant narcissism.

this is a phenomenon in today's culture where people who are on trial for white-collar crimes seem to think nothing of lying about what they did, as if it's just a big game to try to win. They then act surprised when the consequences are handed down. We need people to actually respect the law and the only way that's going to happen is if people are actually punished severely for flaunting it.

You’re just describing late-stage capitalism.

fact that you all are focusing on the background is questionable. I mean, look at those Js!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back