• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather enjoyed the Jeffrey Lewis show last night. Felt like I was 24 years old living in Raleigh going to shows in tiny venues every week. Jeffrey is probably the best song writer (lyrically at least) you’ve never heard of:

That's why I wanna try fried beans because maybe they're just as good and we're wasting time.

KYBhk4.gif
I use the line "that tree is far away" on a weekly basis.

I love when on the local Facebook group for the rural area where I live that people speculate they saw a mountain lion. Today's post was about something destroying their fence and a sheep missing. Most people logically conclude it was a bear, coyote, or bobcat but there's always these old coots who swear they've seen tons of mountain lions over the years, even though there's absolutely no evidence of their natural presence here for like a century.

My kids are well past Bluey age and I watched an ep awhile back because you all talk about it. That show is brilliant. I may need to check out this new ep.
they sometimes really lay it on thick for the parental jokes. there's a line in the new special where Chili (the mom) tells the kids that there's a spot in the woods where she and her friends used to "go....think" when they were kids.

I love when on the local Facebook group for the rural area where I live that people speculate they saw a mountain lion. Today's post was about something destroying their fence and a sheep missing. Most people logically conclude it was a bear, coyote, or bobcat but there's always these old coots who swear they've seen tons of mountain lions over the years, even though there's absolutely no evidence of their natural presence here for like a century.

I was blown away by this story about a mountain lion that walked from western South Dakota to Connecticut probably going around the north side of the Great Lakes. That’s about 2000 miles.

It seems possible that one could walk from Texass all the way to the NC mountains, but it’s unlikely that every time a fence is damaged and a goat goes missing it’s because of a cougar.

I was blown away by this story about a mountain lion that walked from western South Dakota to Connecticut probably going around the north side of the Great Lakes. That’s about 2000 miles.

It seems possible that one could walk from Texass all the way to the NC mountains, but it’s unlikely that every time a fence is damaged and a goat goes missing it’s because of a cougar.
Yeah there are the isolated instances but with the amount of game and other cameras combined with lack of scat or paw prints usually means the chances are near nonexistent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back