• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve sent a couple 5-carton variety pack orders of Jeni’s to my aunt in California who’s dealing with a tough cancer diagnosis…they were extremely well-received!
that's awesome

when I was recovering from my arm surgery/bypass (which feels like a million years ago) someone sent me a 4-pack of graeters and that shit was definitely a mood booster, good ice cream hits hard when you're stuck laying around and all pilled up on oxy

My relationship status with ice cream is "it's complicated". It is one of the items (along with potato chips) that I had to go cold turkey on when I shed a few pounds a little while back. So, I do my best to control my cravings. When I do indulge, I almost always pick something with an Oreo component to it.

if the subject is ice cream, I must put in a plug* for Graeter's ice cream, any variety including chocolate chips

black raspberry chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip...all ELITE because Graeter's chocolate chips are amazing, not too hard, delicious

*let DDD announce all plugs/pegs

I feel like they've got some flavors that are labeled "frozen dairy dessert" that don't qualify, but still have plenty labeled ice cream that have the required amount of cream/dairy

I don't do a lot of research on this tho, my wife still gets their vanilla or french vanilla all the time and it still tastes p good to me

Jeni's is the real GOAT tho
this is correct. breyers makes some solid vanilla and vanilla fudge swirl ice creams, but GTFO with the "dairy dessert" bullshit that includes a bunch of candy bars

My relationship status with ice cream is "it's complicated". It is one of the items (along with potato chips) that I had to go cold turkey on when I shed a few pounds a little while back. So, I do my best to control my cravings. When I do indulge, I almost always pick something with an Oreo component to it.
Don’t let Ben or Jerry hear about this. You might get deported to Maine.

if the subject is ice cream, I must put in a plug* for Graeter's ice cream, any variety including chocolate chips

black raspberry chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip...all ELITE because Graeter's chocolate chips are amazing, not too hard, delicious

i superliked this for the completely gratuitous DDD shade, although we also would have accepted BBD

yah I mean my love for ice cream is really the reason I don't look like mako with a shirt off

If you live in or are around Winston-Salem (tre fo!), you gotta hit up TJs for some Butter Almond Crunch. Hits the throat so good, you’ll change your name to Nancy Reagan.

Damn it I suggested to an important customer earlier this week to meet "Thursday afternoon" and they came back asking to meet at 3 PM MST. I gotta drive 4 hours tonight and have tomorrow off, I was trying to log off at 4:30 not 6 lol this sucks

Time zones are dumb

i just mentioned them, and I do appreciate graeter's for traditional ice cream flavors, black raspberry chocolate chip is definitely at the top of their pyramid and i'm not really usually a big fruit in ice cream guy

i like jeni's better tho because they kinda blend the line perfectly between traditional + throw a bunch of shit in (ben and jerry's), and more importantly, they try some wild shit and somehow almost always hit on the flavor they're going for..

wait, the place that does the CHAM?

they do ice cream too?
Yep. That’s the one. They added on a little homemade ice cream side a few years back. It’s very good, but be prepared for them to be total dill holes about credit card usage. Put up all kinds of signage about high costs of everything else so they put the fees on the customers. To be honest I think they really struggle with their margins on the cream because they also have a bunch of passive aggressive signs for employees behind the counters about portions and shit. That being said, pretty good place to get you an ice cream.

back when i was at BR, you could order a 2 scoop sundae for $2.99. you can't get one scoop of plain ice cream for that now. thanks obama

Yep. That’s the one. They added on a little homemade ice cream side a few years back. It’s very good, but be prepared for them to be total dill holes about credit card usage. Put up all kinds of signage about high costs of everything else so they put the fees on the customers. To be honest I think they really struggle with their margins on the cream because they also have a bunch of passive aggressive signs for employees behind the counters about portions and shit. That being said, pretty good place to get you an ice cream.
shit, i gotta make a pilgrimage next time we're in town

trying to talk the wife into visiting on a weekend we've got #baseball so I can see how well the nearly-3-year-old handles going to a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back