• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@YoungBuck95 any rebuttal to the reports all players hate the idea of having to move to SLC.
My rebuttal is they’re dumb. I would much rather live in a place that gets all four seasons than satan’s armpit. Understood if they’re sad to be leaving nightlife (odd thing to be hung up about imo) but there are some really good bars around. No high dollar clubs or anything but I imagine that at some point they age out of that? Idk I’ve never had $$$$ so can’t speak on that.

I'm always amazed at the resilience of kids. I had mentioned one of my favorite kids a month or so ago who had a cancer recurrence. He had his last chemo treatment Monday and yesterday anchored the 4x100 team that set a new school record. He hasn't missed any school outside of his chemo treatments and he has those early in the morning so he can get back to school the rest of the day. In his place, I'd be a giant puddle of shit wallowing in my own misery and the unfairness of the universe, but he hasn't missed a single assignment and has kept his 4.0. Dude is an absolute inspiration.

My rebuttal is they’re dumb. I would much rather live in a place that gets all four seasons than satan’s armpit. Understood if they’re sad to be leaving nightlife (odd thing to be hung up about imo) but there are some really good bars around. No high dollar clubs or anything but I imagine that at some point they age out of that? Idk I’ve never had $$$$ so can’t speak on that.
Weren't some of the options of places to move to in Canada? Are they dissatisfied with this because they preferred Canada?

And if they’re worried about Mormons, the city is majority non LDS. Only when you get out to the burbs does it start to get noticeable.

I'm always amazed at the resilience of kids. I had mentioned one of my favorite kids a month or so ago who had a cancer recurrence. He had his last chemo treatment Monday and yesterday anchored the 4x100 team that set a new school record. He hasn't missed any school outside of his chemo treatments and he has those early in the morning so he can get back to school the rest of the day. In his place, I'd be a giant puddle of shit wallowing in my own misery and the unfairness of the universe, but he hasn't missed a single assignment and has kept his 4.0. Dude is an absolute inspiration.
that's awesome, i love stories like this

Weren't some of the options of places to move to in Canada? Are they dissatisfied with this because they preferred Canada?
Not sure tbh. The move came together incredibly fast so I wasn’t aware of other potential buyers and their locations

They worked so hard their whole lives to get away from places that had snow. They are Canadian or Eastern European farm kids who want nothing more than to bump into hot blondes they can impress with expensive bottles of liquor while it’s 90 degrees outside. That’s the dream for them.

Is that the dream when you’re 29 and married to a hot blonde?

hockey players should suck it up and realize that nba players have made it work

Is that the dream when you’re 29 and married to a hot blonde?
You realize there 4 players on the team who are 29 or above. 4 out of 25.

They are kids, most never went to college and some barely speak English, of course Phoenix is preferred. Their motto is mostly Shoot pucks and bang…. well you get the idea. I wouldn’t take it personally. You ask most guys in their 20s would you rather be a millionaire in Utah or Arizona most will say Arizona, especially when they can’t go skiing.

I’m reminded of a story Brian Billick told. He was from California and transferred to play football at BYU after a season at Air Force. He apparently wasn’t very familiar with the student body at BYU. So one day at lunch he saw a cute girl and sat down at her table. His first question was “So are you Mormon or LDS?” She responded “Are you a football player or an idiot?”

I tend to go with A. That said, if you had paid out of pocket for a tow then I think you're well within your right to ask for that money back.
yeah, this is me (surprise, I'm person A). Wife and I just had a disagreement. I don't think either side is unreasonable, but I feel like we paid someone for their labor, they made sure it was done (even if it took longer) and we'll all good now. Not a big deal, but this is also a mechanic who is honest and usually does good work and while not cheap, generally in line or a little lower than other places in town. Don't want to sour that relationship.

If we had been out any more money (or if we had needed to rent a car to go to work or something), I would have asked for compensation.

Seems reasonable to me, especially the line about an honest good work mechanic, that in itself is invaluable. To completely win said argument you can bring up the fact that the majority of mechanics would probably have accepted the returned car but would have actually charged you for additional labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back