• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preliminary feedback from my tax software indicates...I need to get an accountant.

:confused:

If it’s TurboTax I finish the return before getting pissed at the shortfall. That real time updating calculator isn’t that helpful

Yeah, haven't made it through, but based on where I am we're gonna owe quite a bit, baby.

Earning less last year in salary (working less, maximized 457b and 403b contributions, and thus less tax taken out) but a lot more in interest/dividends as I've been hoarding cash (or fairly liquid assets) for some time for a variety of reasons...I did on purpose sell enough losing stock to maximize capital loss deduction (not yet factored into the software). But apparently did a terrible job factoring in the sum of the tax liability of all these variables.

Probably need to review some pre-retirement tax strategy with an accountant anyhow sometime soon.

These guys are close by...anyone here know if they're good?

If it’s TurboTax I finish the return before getting pissed at the shortfall. That real time updating calculator isn’t that helpful

HRBlock...

Riveting, on the edge of your seat update...the software was counting "excess retirement contribution" as income...basically my entire (maximized) 457b contribution. Now that I've informed the software to not do that, the situation is not so terrible. Still gonna owe (probably), but not a F'd up as it appeared.

I was invited to my local muni tomorrow and asked to get a 4th. The 4th has split from his wife and there is a pretty good chance that he will bring some weed. They just informed me that they may have a 4th that played with my son in school. I like the kid but he won’t bring weed cause I’m there. I chose my 4th and I feel guilty but I will smoke.

One of the negatives about not being religious anymore is not knowing or remembering to plan around Easter.

My wife and I are traveling now. She booked everything first. She completely forgot about Easter. Our plan to hang out around town and have a nice lunch before flying out on Sunday will be much more difficult than we thought.

Morning CT!

Due to my herniated disks, I've had limited use of my left arm. I've noticed the tone in my bicep is diminishing. I'm starting to look like the single guy with one arm larger than the other who Jack's off all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back