• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reading the interviewing/recruiting subreddits. here's a thread with thoughts from a hiring manager. loved this bit:

After this point, I'm paying attention to tiny formatting details like whether your bullet points are perfectly aligned and whether your use of periods at the end of each bullet is consistent. Yes, I'm anal-retentive like that. I also have a mild visual impairment and ADHD, but having a Virgo boyfriend means I have to meet a very, very high bar all the time. If I don't get to resort to excuses, neither do you.
What in the goddamn hell does that have to do with anything? I fucking despise in general when people use astrology signs as a personality and expect others to understand all the intricacies of each one, but this is ridiculous.

I love reading the interviewing/recruiting subreddits. here's a thread with thoughts from a hiring manager. loved this bit:

What in the goddamn hell does that have to do with anything? I fucking despise in general when people use astrology signs as a personality and expect others to understand all the intricacies of each one, but this is ridiculous.
Well now I'm thinking that it's worthwhile to skip a period or two in order to avoid having a boss like that

It’s 2024 FFS. If even organized religion is hanging on by a thread how in the world is astrology still around?

It’s 2024 FFS. If even organized religion is hanging on by a thread how in the world is astrology still around?
I’ve posted before about how much it annoys me but I see it so often on social media that I know it’s a Thing. People saying shit like “well I’m a Sagittarius so packing for this trip will be tough” or “can’t believe I actually fell in love with a Taurus!” Or “you know it’s going to be trouble when I get together with X - pairing a Pisces and Virgo is a recipe for disaster!”

Fair to assume the reason people use astrology instead of the equivalent personality descriptions from “Year of ____” Chinese restaurant placemats is racism?

Fair to assume the reason people use astrology instead of the equivalent personality descriptions from “Year of ____” Chinese restaurant placemats is racism?
Nah, celestial alignments or whatever at birth determining personality traits is far more believable (or a lot easier to self-select into?) than everyone being born in the same year having similar traits.

Nah, celestial alignments or whatever at birth determining personality traits is far more believable (or a lot easier to self-select into?) than everyone being born in the same year having similar traits.
yeah like there was only one person with Hitler's personality traits born whatever year he was

I think it’s the same. In addition to projection, I think there’s probably some truth to seasonal impacts of certain birthdates at key developmental milestones. I also think there are shared characteristics based on what was happening in the world when and after you were born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back