• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Χριστὸς ἀνέστη

I think I'm just gonna quit. I've been offered a role in my wife's company on several occasions and she seems a whole lot happier and less stressed since she's gotten out of teaching. They pay for her hotels and mileage too. At some point even I hit my limit with all this bullshit.
Hit us up with that sneaky link when you get onboarded.

I've hired two teachers in the last 3 years for the independent agency I work at. They are great and probably two of our better employees.

Doesn't hurt that they're making 50% more now than they were.

We treat teachers like absolute shit and then wonder why there aren't any/why our nation as a whole is falling behind.

I was honestly unaware that the school system just held teachers on-call for random training all summer. That fucking sucks. So much for “only working 9 months a year”
That narrative has really always been bullshit from my experience being married to a teacher.

She works like 8-10 hour days during the official school year, and is prepping throughout the summer for the upcoming year, along with meetings/trainings that are required during the summer.

I know not all teachers do this and some definitely do the bare minimum, but overall they are drastically underpaid for what they do.

I think I'm just gonna quit. I've been offered a role in my wife's company on several occasions and she seems a whole lot happier and less stressed since she's gotten out of teaching. They pay for her hotels and mileage too. At some point even I hit my limit with all this bullshit.
Things in my system went downhill fast in my 20th year. I attribute it all to politics, too. After looking at positions in neighboring systems, and in the private sector, I decided to tough it out to make 25. Glad I did, but that last couple years were challenging. There was no doubt I'd leave when I hit 25 years.

I often say one of the five best decisions I ever made was to teach school. Also in that top five are leaving public education.

Whenever I think about the state of public education in this country, the one thing that gives me hope, is that there are teachers like Mako out there who put up with so much crap, to be there for the youth. I don't think many people have the patience, empathy, energy or resolve to do what Mako has done for years. I can't begin to fathom the amount of sacrifices he had made in his career for students who didn't even realize what he was doing for them. My hope is that this country realizes we need more Makos and need to support them more. I understand he is going to do what is best for him and his family, that is his right, still just makes me a little sad.

That all being said, I do think Mako needs to find a place, where he can work out all the time, hang out with his shirt off, experiment with the same gender and not be judged, and shave his head, because it's the cool thing to do. To me, that sounds like Mako would enjoy a 3-5 year stretch in a penitentiary. Tell me I'm wrong.

Is it weird how personally victimized people feel about folks working in and around sports? Like some sports board people act like Les Johns slept with their wives.

Is it weird how personally victimized people feel about folks working in and around sports? Like some sports board people act like Les Johns slept with their wives.
I think the hatred towards Les is definitely weird.

I also think it's bizarre when sports media folks complain about late start times when their job is literally to attend sporting events and write about it for a living. Who cares if the game starts at 9PM. You don't have to be at your job at 7:30 AM like 85% of the rest of us.

i'm happy kory is back here more

also i'm just using the "love" icon as my superlike despite the lack of extra points awarded

finally mako it's fine if you get another job but if it interferes with posting that's a no-go

mako why don't they just make high school an app

My daughter's Chemistry teacher quit mid-semester last year. The school's solution was to have the students complete an online class. The kids all finished in three weeks and they all made an A. Amazing learning. No teacher required. And they all got more free time !

Also my xword streak up to 1179 now, although todays time was lousy having to figure out those cheap shots with guesses
There were three Saturdays in a row this month and the third one broke me after a streak of about a year. It was kinda a relief because I would often find myself stressing trying to finish the puzzle throughout the day

Back