• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Χριστὸς ἀνέστη

I didn't say it was hard... just that it sounds like a less enjoyable experience than just focusing on one thing.

I also don't like watching sports on my phone, and it definitely doesn't feel worth the hassle of pulling out a laptop and setting it up on my coffee table, but again do what makes you happy! A few close friends of mine love multi-screen sports watching and I'm glad for them (though IMO it makes a lot more sense if you've got multiple teams you really care about playing vs. a draft)
Putting a laptop on a coffee table certainly sounds exhausting.

Just keeping the draft on continuously makes more sense than refreshing Twitter every few minutes.
What about a life draft feed from ESPN/Yahoo? Isn't that going to have a lot more density of relevant information than TV (where pundits are filling up air time in between picks with interviews and guessing about the next pick etc. etc.)

What about a life draft feed from ESPN/Yahoo? Isn't that going to have a lot more density of relevant information than TV (where pundits are filling up air time in between picks with interviews and guessing about the next pick etc. etc.)
I like the reactions and interviews with families, crowd reactions, booing Goddell. I like the show. What's wrong with that?

A live draft feed doesn't show that Goodell brought out Eminem as a human shield to stop the boos.

It will probably confuse you even more to know I'm grading papers while watching Knicks-Sixers and the draft and following Cavs-Magic and Panthers-Lightning.

I like the reactions and interviews with families, crowd reactions, booing Goddell. I like the show. What's wrong with that?

A live draft feed doesn't show that Goodell brought out Eminem as a human shield to stop the boos.

It will probably confuse you even more to know I'm grading papers while watching Knicks-Sixers and the draft and following Cavs-Magic and Panthers-Lightning.
Goodell’s Botox isn’t looking great

lol

I mean I get if you don’t like multiple screens but the “hassle” of setting up a laptop cracked me up
For me personally, my laptop stays docked under my dual monitor setup in my office nowhere near my living room... so it is kind of a pain to undock it and carry it to the living room, potentially find or move my power brick if I'm concerned about battery (and finding a place to plug it in subsequently), switch the internet to WIFI etc.. My dock setup sometimes has issues when I plug it back in too which compounds the pain (OSX gets glitchy and overheats/shuts down sometimes). A lot more difficult than picking up my remote and pointing it at the TV on the wall! I'd certainly describe it as a hassle since it definitely comes with some inconveniences vs. that. 100% not worth it to me for almost 99% of use-cases (if I had a guest over that really wanted to watch 2 screens I would do it for them).

There was a house on the market in Winston Salem about 4-5 years ago that had a two TV setup in the living room with 2 recliners. I think about that setup and what the couple that lived there must have been like all the damn time.

I also don't like watching sports on my phone, and it definitely doesn't feel worth the hassle of pulling out a laptop and setting it up on my coffee table, but again do what makes you happy! A few close friends of mine love multi-screen sports watching and I'm glad for them (though IMO it makes a lot more sense if you've got multiple teams you really care about playing vs. a draft)

IDK where you got the impression that I think anything is wrong with that. I personally would probably be too focused on the game I was watching to pick up on 95% of that (and anything really good will eventually make its way to me on twitter or TikTok).

The myriad of ways that the human brain works is amazing. I 100% would not be able to focus on comprehending student papers while multi-tasking like that.

IDK where you got the impression that I think anything is wrong with that. I personally would probably be too focused on the game I was watching to pick up on 95% of that (and anything really good will eventually make its way to me on twitter or TikTok).

The myriad of ways that the human brain works is amazing. I 100% would not be able to focus on comprehending student papers while multi-tasking like that.
you don't have to comprehend student papers to grade them in my experience

by the time I'm on my 90th paper I'm on autopilot

I'm not a Knicks or Sixers fan, so I'm not "focusing" that hard on the game until the 2nd half.

when do they start the clock for the next pick

you don't have to comprehend student papers to grade them in my experience
This explains a lot of my college experience TBH (before I switched to Comp Sci)

Write a paper at the last second that stays on the rails and sticks with largely regurgitated themes I picked up from cliffs notes, surprise A

Get really into a paper and actually spend hours working on it and formulating more novel arguments but still well within the prompt, B- 😭

I'm not a Knicks or Sixers fan, so I'm not "focusing" that hard on the game until the 2nd half.
I guess for me this is where I wouldn't even bother having it on until I care about focusing on it, to circle back to my first point. I can check the live box score and stats + last play in like 5 seconds from Yahoo Sports App.

Now we have to deal with grading papers or sections of papers that were obviously written with AI.

I guess for me this is where I wouldn't even bother having it on until I care about focusing on it, to circle back to my first point. I can check the live box score and stats + last play in like 5 seconds from Yahoo Sports App.
Sure. But I can just look up rather than pick up my phone, tap on the app, and tap on scores.

Back