• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: There’s a party downtown near 5th street. Everybody on the thread is getting tipsy

Gotta be a real NFLhead if the draft is actually more interesting than NBA playoff basketball*

*presuming you care about professional sports at all
Like this?

That would make sense. The measurables on most of the day 2 edges aren't that great - a bunch of 250 lb guys running 4.7-8. Mo Kamara (CSU), Brennan Jackson (WSU) and Jalyx Hunt (Houston Christian) are 3 interesting guys in the 4th round range.

@Strickland33 i think you’re great and everything, but personally I’d be totally ok if the draft started at 4 pm for you. Let’s be honest no one out west really grinds like we do on the East coast. An 8 pm draft start time is a travesty.
Yeah and there’s only like two teams out there and they suck. Same for college.

Gotta be a real NFLhead if the draft is actually more interesting than NBA playoff basketball*

*presuming you care about professional sports at all
Most of us have more than one screen.

Most of us have more than one screen.

WOW HUMBLE BRAG

Why not just focus most of your attention on one thing (the TV) and just, like, refresh twitter or some feed on your phone during commercial breaks for the important draft updates? Are you watching both with volume on sufficiently large screens? Maybe it's my ADHD brain but this just seems like a recipe for a worse experience.

WOW HUMBLE BRAG

Why not just focus most of your attention on one thing (the TV) and just, like, refresh twitter or some feed on your phone during commercial breaks for the important draft updates? Are you watching both with volume on sufficiently large screens? Maybe it's my ADHD brain but this just seems like a recipe for a worse experience.
Because I want to see their suits

Where you at on day 2 edges?
Would you believe it but I didn’t even buy a Lindy’s Draft magazine this. The draft is great for 3 reasons, it combines college and pro ball, it gives you an insight into the scouting world and probably most importantly, it is one of the few times you get to witness someone achieve their dream of a lifetime after years of hard work.

WOW HUMBLE BRAG

It's not hard. Just listen for the jingle and glance over. Keep paying attention if it's something you want to keep watching.

It's not hard. Just listen for the jingle and glance over. Keep paying attention if it's something you want to keep watching.
I didn't say it was hard... just that it sounds like a less enjoyable experience than just focusing on one thing.

I also don't like watching sports on my phone, and it definitely doesn't feel worth the hassle of pulling out a laptop and setting it up on my coffee table, but again do what makes you happy! A few close friends of mine love multi-screen sports watching and I'm glad for them (though IMO it makes a lot more sense if you've got multiple teams you really care about playing vs. a draft)

Just keeping the draft on continuously makes more sense than refreshing Twitter every few minutes.

Back