• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

So this Carolina team will end up with neither an ACC Championship nor a Final Four, not even an Elite Eight. For this fanbase that's not acceptable.

Hubert is just good enough to be just not good enough.
They're already calling for him to be fired over at IC. He won't be, not after winning 29 games this season, but if this becomes a pattern - and especially if Duke and/or State win tomorrow night - then his seat will get hot pretty quick if they don't do well next year. They may tolerate a Mack Brown having mediocre seasons and losing to State pretty much every year in football, but in basketball I doubt they'll be so forgiving or patient.

I truly do not understand what in the hell Withers (a 21% 3 point shooter, only ATTEMPTED 19 on the season, averaging 4 ppg) was thinking taking that 3 in the middle of the shot clock, up 1 with 1 minute to play with a trip to the elite 8 on the line.

But I will shed 0 tears.

Last edited:
Why did Cadeau sit so much in the 2H?
Because he can't shoot worth a damn and Davis didn't seem to trust having him in the game for that reason. Ironically, it was others - like RJ Davis and Withers - who ultimately sunk them on offense in the second half. Too damn bad for them, I guess.

Back