• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Help Transferring Music to Phone

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
I have an unrooted Galaxy S3. I am trying to transfer some albums in mp3 format to my phone via USB. I copy the album folders to the Music file of my SD card, and they copy correctly. I unplug my phone and open up "my files" in android, select "all files", "extSdCard", "Music". The new album folders show up in my music folder. The problem is that the new albums do not show up in the Samsung music player app, while the rest of the music folder that I synced from itunes a year ago, does show up. I can actually play the albums with the music player app, but I only by first finding them in "my files".

-After many google searches for this problem I installed the "rescan media" app, which is just a manual way to scan your sd card for new media. Even after scanning and restarting, Samsung music player still can't find the new albums.

Back