• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

We clearly need to aim higher. DC needs to get some swagger and fast

Yeah, if you’re not careful you become a “minor league developmental team” for the bigger programs. I think the key for us is going to be to identify the guys we really need the most every year and do whatever we can to keep them. We’re going to lose some guys, but you can keep 75-80% of your key guys every year, that would probably be pretty good.
This isn’t a bad thing.

Has anyone been to Louisville, is it a nice campus, are the facilities new, because their work in the portal is impressive. They are getting players from Alabama and Harvard, FCS contributors and FBS starters and backups. I understand they have a lot of turnover, but 22 guys coming in is something.
Its a shit school with a shit campus in the shitty part of a shitty town. They have Brohm, money, and hookers

Its a shit school with a shit campus in the shitty part of a shitty town. They have Brohm, money, and hookers
Yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, and I missed the hookers when I was there. Of course, my First Wife was showing me the campus, so maybe she skipped that part. I have not seen current athletic facilities, though. My impression was a community college with too much money.

Nebraska is even more likely to start a true freshman QB from GA than Wake is.

Electing to play your final college season as a WR in a Marcus Satterfield led offense?

Hope Mal is getting a sweet NIL deal

Understand the Nebraska will have a different QB next year, but here were Nebraska's passing ranks this past season:

• Yards per game 134.9 (#129 out of 133 - ahead of the service academies and Iowa)
  • Attempts per game 21.8 (#128)
  • Completions per game 11.3 (#128)
  • Passing play percentage 37.7% (#127)
  • Team passer rating 105 (#124)
FWIW, as horrid as WF passing game was in 2023, its team passing stats far outpace Nebraska. Banks left WF to get as big a NIL money bag as he could. Good for him. Offensive philosophy and/or QB play did not play a role.

But we were told Wake didn’t lose any transfers due to NIL.

But we were told Wake didn’t lose any transfers due to NIL.
I don't remember hearing that. We kept a lot of guys due to WF's/RTQ's NIL commitment, but there were some guys WF lost (and would have kept otherwise) because they had NIL offers that WF/RTQ did not match (Keyshawn and Ellison).

Pretty sure RTQ posted that.

I don't remember hearing that. We kept a lot of guys due to WF's/RTQ's NIL commitment, but there were some guys WF lost (and would have kept otherwise) because they had NIL offers that WF/RTQ did not match (Keyshawn and Ellison).
RTQ never made an offer to Williams or Ellison this past month.

Or Banks?

If WF did not make an NIL offer to Keyshawn Williams and Indiana did, think its fair to say that WF lost a transfer because of NIL as there is no world where WF would have pulled his scholarship if Keyshawn wanted to return to WF, even if Morin previously committed to return.

Or Banks?

If WF did not make an NIL offer to Keyshawn Williams and Indiana did, think its fair to say that WF lost a transfer because of NIL as there is no world where WF would have pulled his scholarship if Keyshawn wanted to return to WF, even if Morin previously committed to return.
Banks was made a significant NIL offer through Roll The Quad. However his reasons to enter the portal were not NIL related.

Or Banks?

Coach Clawson in his signing day press conference pretty clearly laid out the Morin/Williams situation (8-minute mark).

Back