• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Understatement.

Need 5, huge, tall ones that can play at high D1 level.
Don't necessarily need 5. If Nick Sharpe is healthy and regains form, he is one. Pettibon has been good as a center. Devontae Gordon has graded well at RT.

Get a couple of guys for the left side who are pre-NFL.

What’s rumor with Donavon Greene? I know he went through Senior Day but don’t see him being able to go to Portal or NFL being hurt all year but who knows. Would love him back

Not Wake, but Riley Leonard in the portal. Things can change in a hurry, a couple of months ago they had one of the hottest coaches and one of the hottest QB's and now they ain't got either.
He would be perfect in our offense but I have a feeling he’s gonna be out of our price range.

Don't necessarily need 5. If Nick Sharpe is healthy and regains form, he is one. Pettibon has been good as a center. Devontae Gordon has graded well at RT.

Get a couple of guys for the left side who are pre-NFL.
Get 5. Need depth. We traditionally lose 1-2 starters per season due to injury.

He would be perfect in our offense but I have a feeling he’s gonna be out of our price range.
I mentioned a rumor a month back that he would go to N.D. That prediction is picking up steam.

I'd take 5 OL & 5 DL. This would make us competitive.

But my cynical nature regarding Clawson is we'll see 1 or 2 of these and 4-5 DBs & receivers, which we don't need.

Quarterback EJ Warner, the son of Kurt Warner, entered the portal from Temple and has two years of eligibility left.

Just a reminder that landing a good QB in the portal is not cheap:

Nebraska football coach Matt Rhule had a cautious message for fans -- and not just at Nebraska -- looking for a quick fix, especially at quarterback.

After a season in which three Cornhuskers QBs made appearances in at least five games, Rhule was asked if he planned on addressing the position in the transfer portal.

"Make no mistake that a good quarterback in the portal costs, you know, a million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now, just so we're all on the same page," Rhule said Wednesday while discussing the state of the program with reporters. "Let's make sure we all understand what's happening. There are some teams that have $6 [million] or $7 million players playing for them."

Rhule, who closed out his first season with the Cornhuskers with a 5-7 record, said he was not opposed to finding players in the portal. Last year, the Huskers took quarterback Jeff Sims, who started 23 games over three years at Georgia Tech. (Sims started just two games for Nebraska this season, throwing one touchdown and six interceptions.)

But Rhule said he'd prefer to find and develop his own players.

"We just kind of believe in doing things the old-school way, the hard way -- building," Rhule said.

Rhule said if he finds players in the portal, he wants them to have multiple years remaining to play and "is on caliber with the guys we have or someone who is an instant-impact upgrade, someone who can make a difference."

He's not 100% wrong, but he's matt rhule and he's trying to get elite talent with options to move to fucking nebraska.

he's also speaking to an audience of donors. Of course he's going to inflate his needs so that he has more money to work with.

Back