• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Agreed. Clemson is a powerhouse with great athletes and they run creative plays multiple times a game.
Season on the line last night and needing a 1st down, Alabama ran two deception plays on the last drive including 1st down. Wake in those situations is always a hand off in the middle of the line for a 1yard gain

Of all the bizarre coaching blunders in my 38 years of being a Wake Forest fan, the lack of a competent QB1 and development of an offense to complement that QB in 2023 might take the cake. The drop off in offensive production from 2022 to 2023 was shades of going from CP3 at PG (a first ballot HOFer) to Joe Dukes (borderline D1 talent) from 2004 to 2005. The latter occurred in the pre-portal era in a sport with most less scholarships to begin with and our back-up PG- Jeremy Ingram- transferred the beginning of the season already leaving us a man down. Also, right or wrong, we didn't know CP3 was going pro until April. We got blindsided and had to make best of it.

Remember when lobo designed an option offense for our pocket passer tanner price?

Or those spread offenses with a non deep threat fullback out wide for some reason.

Those were some wasted years…

Of all the bizarre coaching blunders in my 38 years of being a Wake Forest fan, the lack of a competent QB1 and development of an offense to complement that QB in 2023 might take the cake. The drop off in offensive production from 2022 to 2023 was shades of going from CP3 at PG (a first ballot HOFer) to Joe Dukes (borderline D1 talent) from 2004 to 2005. The latter occurred in the pre-portal era in a sport with most less scholarships to begin with and our back-up PG- Jeremy Ingram- transferred the beginning of the season already leaving us a man down. Also, right or wrong, we didn't know CP3 was going pro until April. We got blindsided and had to make best of it.
Backcourt of Harvey Hale and J Gray. Drum too.

Yep- it was PG by committee that year - much like QB this year. Difference is we had a year to prepare for QB and all 3 replacements were entering their 5th, 4th, and 3rd year in the program. J Gray was only “PG” that year with high division I experience.
Backcourt of Harvey Hale and J Gray. Drum too.

The main two head scratchers in my opinion was Griffis over Kern. Okay, maybe he showed it in camp. But then you start Santino against Pitt and he delivers one heckuva miracle pass for the win and you start Griffis the next game. WTF
Even moreso, never seeing Marucci again!? No wonder he's in the portal.

Syracuse didn't sound like Clawson before our game...."woe is me, we just aren't a good team, ___________just isn't playing well, if we do/don't do such and such we can't win, etc.

No! With no head coach they played 3 freaking guys at QB, one a TE, who after they'd run over us 10 plays straight, would throw a 40-50 yard completion/TD.

You think Clawson ever thought of putting Marucci in the backfield, getting the ball with a run (ex-RB)/pass option, flicking it back to Kern for a pass, etc. The options with him in could be endless.

Season gives you lemons, innovate, adjust, and make lemonade, not whinny excuses!

Last edited:
I don’t think people who express disappointment about dudes going pro are saying the same thing as about the dudes going to the portal. It’s more about regret the program didn’t do more with NFL prospects.
Assuming they get drafted or are among the few who make it as UDFAs.

“I run six plays, split veer. It’s like Novacaine. Just give it time, it always works.”
Feel like the Claw and Rug share a lot of offensive philosophy (though obviously not the same system) with Herman Boone.

Variety is the spice of life. The Kansas OC heading to Penn State is the most fun play caller in the college game.

The Holy Cross QB sounds like a better fit if we can get him right?

Back