• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Can someone who knows this stuff please summarize Eli Hall and WFU football? As in...did he ever see the field, etc.

Can someone who knows this stuff please summarize Eli Hall and WFU football? As in...did he ever see the field, etc.
Not much I don't think, but if he any potential at all, it's not good to lose a defensive tackle since we're usually pretty thin at that position.

According to the WF website, Eli Hall never played a snap in two seasons for WF.

A touch of good news would be appreciated pls and thx.
Good news: we only need 1 more guy to announce he’s leaving in order to bring in all our freshmen, at least if we don’t plan to add any transfers! That’s all I’ve got.

Good news: we only need 1 more guy to announce he’s leaving in order to bring in all our freshmen, at least if we don’t plan to add any transfers! That’s all I’ve got.

I think that's actually a critical piece of it -- we had a normal sized recruiting class for us (21) but only five guys out of eligibility, so transfers shouldn't just be expected, but necessary.

So to date, I would classify all the news as pretty neutral (you could quibble here and there I'm sure). Now if Ellison is followed by Claiborne, Ke'shawn is followed by Morin, Grimes is followed by Banks and Greene, Hudson is followed by Davis, etc. Now that would be bad.

Or to put it in other words -- we probably "need" at least 6 or 7 dudes to leave to have enough room for portal additions. Which players make up those departures (or if they balloon past our optimal churn number) is what I think is the most impactful for the program.

I think that's actually a critical piece of it -- we had a normal sized recruiting class for us (21) but only five guys out of eligibility, so transfers shouldn't just be expected, but necessary.

So to date, I would classify all the news as pretty neutral (you could quibble here and there I'm sure). Now if Ellison is followed by Claiborne, Ke'shawn is followed by Morin, Grimes is followed by Banks and Greene, Hudson is followed by Davis, etc. Now that would be bad news.

Or to put it in other words -- we probably "need" at least 6 or 7 dudes to leave to have enough room for portal additions. Whoever makes up those numbers (or if they balloon past our optimal churn number), that would be bad news for me.
I think I mostly feel that I would prefer this choice to be flipped in a big way.

I think I mostly feel that I would prefer this choice to be flipped in a big way.

I would too on the surface but:

1/ Keeping Morin over Ke'shawn may be a disappointment, but losing both would be an order of magnitude worse.

2/ While I agree with the sentiment based on everything we've seen on the field, there may potentially be legitimate reasons behind the scenes why Morin would be preferable to bring back if we were the ones making the choice (even though he frustrated the hell out of me this year) around playing time demands, locker room, versatility, other college kid nonsense. e.g. maybe Kern and Morin are BFFs and it was a package deal [there is no evidence to suggest this is the case]. Or maybe Key wanted 100% of the snaps and we would have lost Deuce Alexander as a result [also no evidence this is the case]

I didn’t realize Pointer had one more year. That’s great news!

Since we’ve lost out on the UNH QB, have we offered anyone less in the portal at that position? The Holy Cross QB…?

CFB is wild right now, y'all.

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm following. I'm guessing there is some team out there that desperately needs a long snapper (I'm guessing at a lower level given he got benched for a walk-on) that might be willing to use a scholarship on him.

He had his four years here and I can guarantee he did not have the option to return to Wake.

Last edited:
It's a good time to remind ourselves that backups transferring to other schools for playing time is not new. It's not a product of the portal. It's not a product of NIL.

Reading some very positive inside scoop on Les' board, which will balance out some of the sad. Good stuff happening! I'm confident that Clawson and Co will right the ship.
I checked all the recent threads and didn't see any positive football scoop.

Back