• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

He’s 19 and will be 20 when next season starts. Do we know why he is 2 years older than his grade?
Probably early birthday for his grad year then re-classed. Happens a lot with baseball

July birthday so not early. When did he reclassify?

July birthday so not early. When did he reclassify?
Some parents start their kids in school a year late so they are more mature and better able to handle the full school days in first grade. So he could have been seven when he started first grade.

Some parents start their kids in school a year late so they are more mature and better able to handle the full school days in first grade. So he could have been seven when he started first grade.

Right. That’s what we are saying. But that would put him at 18 when starting 12th grade. He started at 19. So he was probably held back for kindergarten and also reclassified or was held back at some point.

Right. That’s what we are saying. But that would put him at 18 when starting 12th grade. He started at 19. So he was probably held back for kindergarten and also reclassified or was held back at some point.

Yeah. Him being 19 this season makes me rethink the accolades. He’ll need to show his HS success wasn’t just due to be older 1-5 years older than the competition.

Yeah. Him being 19 this season makes me rethink the accolades. He’ll need to show his HS success wasn’t just due to be older 1-5 years older than the competition.
I mean, very possible that a good number of his competitors were also 18-19

Are a lot of freshmen playing at the highest level of Georgia high school football?

Last edited:
It cuts both ways. Maybe he is more mature and thus better able to adapt to college football. Or maybe he was only good because be was more mature.

we’ll see this fall.

This Utah QB who is transferring after the game is not putting on the best performance to get an opportunity somewhere else. 10 passing yards and it’s the 3rd quarter.

Our defense that had been decent couldn’t stop a team that didn’t even scratch last night against USF. That was very disappointing.
TY....Syracuse couldn't even score against SOUTH FLORIDA! Those "competitive" Deacs shined in a "close" game vs mighty Syracuse!

80xdeac with a basic recruiting misunderstanding. Recruiting 300 pound linemen is easy, it’s finding skilled and athletic 300 pound linemen that is the difficulty. Many of Clemsons linemen possess comparable athleticism to our linebackers.
No, I just want extremely fat guys with no talent....🙄

No, I just want extremely fat guys with no talent....🙄
So you would know that Clawson is trying to put the most athletic/talented/disciplined team on the field that he can. This is the same reason that every college basketball team doesn’t have a 7 foot center.

My Indiana BIL was very happy to hear what I had to say about the two Wake grads going to IU for grad school football.

App QB Ryan Burger in the portal. Was hailed to be the guy for them before he was injured about 30 minutes into the season. Makes me wonder if we jumped the gun on Bachmeier? If Hank is good, awesome, just wary about anything out of LA Tech

La Tech worked out for the Steelers. Ducks weren’t so fortunate.

Back