• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

For several years in the 80s, Japan had something known as the Mirage Bowl, which pitted two US college teams against each other. Wake athletic program was cash strapped at the time (we used to sell home conference games occasionally), so we provided our home game against Clemson to be played in Japan. That was the year after the infamous 82-24 game, and we played them close and had a chance to win the game losing 21-17. I remember listening to this game on the radio.

This actually followed up a 1974 trip to Japan where wake played some japanese college all-star teams.
I’d succeeded in forgetting that. Thanks a lot.

So who is going to lose a starting CB to Wake?

Wake losing transfers to ND, Oklahoma, Texas and now Alabama.
Going forward just about any players with promise and eligibility are going to be plucked from schools like wake and really any school outside the top 20 or so programs. And WF will pull kids from G6 schools to fill those holes. College sports are on death’s doorstep.

Aamir Hall, CB from Albany, currently in the portal, has been retweeting some Malik Mustapha draft stuff. Could be a good sign. It would be interesting to have a Mt. Saint Joe's guy replace a Mt. Saint Joe's guy who entered the portal.

Edit: NVM, Hall and Mustapha were at Richmond together, so that's probably why. False Alarm.

I am genuinely shocked by this. I didn't rate Jones very highly (not in a sour grapes way). I do worry for our secondary, as I don't think we had more than 3 better than average DBs last year and 1 ran out of eligibility and 2 were drafted.

Patterson looked decent before injury
Tongue could make the jump, same with Glasker

But hoping that we have starting secondary of Rankin, Blue, Tongue, Patterson, and Slocum at Nickel

it's incredibly thin though.

I am genuinely shocked by this. I didn't rate Jones very highly (not in a sour grapes way). I do worry for our secondary, as I don't think we had more than 3 better than average DBs last year and 1 ran out of eligibility and 2 were drafted.

Patterson looked decent before injury
Tongue could make the jump, same with Glasker

But hoping that we have starting secondary of Rankin, Blue, Tongue, Patterson, and Slocum at Nickel

it's incredibly thin though.
I have never been less excited for a WF football season. I have lost all faith in our coaching staff. We thought Jones sucked and now he’s going to Bama. More missed evaluations.

Back