• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - The greatest words in sports, Game 7! Pacers/Knicks and T-Wolves/Nuggets

The All-Star game will go back to East-West and four 12 min quarters. No draft. No Elam ending. Hopefully they get rid of that weird charity element where two teams are messing around while some after school program budget depends on players actually trying.
east-west return is a good thing as the draft was always awkward and the charity thing is so uncomfortable so i hope that is gone too

but i really wish they kept the elam ending

It was nice to see the new Hornets owners milling about last night. They were walking around talking to folks before the game and definitely wanting to be seen. They clearly want fans to know that they are involved. Quite the opposite of Jordan. I was told last night that they are going to overhaul some of the seating and suite arrangements by next year.

Wemby was in foul trouble all night mostly from screens.
Thing that terrifies me is Wemby learning to bend his knees more on screens, I’m overly sensitive to big guy injuries for reasons

It was nice to see the new Hornets owners milling about last night. They were walking around talking to folks before the game and definitely wanting to be seen. They clearly want fans to know that they are involved. Quite the opposite of Jordan. I was told last night that they are going to overhaul some of the seating and suite arrangements by next year.
Also a seemingly big improvement in the Flight Deck club buffet for those of us not on the meal plan. In the past 10+ years whenever I ate there and closed out before the game to go to my seats, I couldn't go back and get any more food/drink other than paying again a la carte at the bar, even though i had already paid for all you can eat. So I'd hog out pregame and get nothing else the rest of the game. Last night they specifically said so long as I had the wristband on I could come back and keep getting more food without having to pay through the end of the 3rd. That makes me want to pay a little more to eat there every game instead of eating outside the arena for less. Eat more, load up, and buy team sweats, fatty.

Wemby was in foul trouble all night mostly from screens.
Watching the fouls called on him made me realize that, like any game changing athlete, and he has that potential, the referees will have a learning curve with him. They may take a little time to figure out that he can do some amazing things without fouling.

Not saying the fouls weren't legit last night.

Can Michael Jordan just mill about?

Also a seemingly big improvement in the Flight Deck club buffet for those of us not on the meal plan. In the past 10+ years whenever I ate there and closed out before the game to go to my seats, I couldn't go back and get any more food/drink other than paying again a la carte at the bar, even though i had already paid for all you can eat. So I'd hog out pregame and get nothing else the rest of the game. Last night they specifically said so long as I had the wristband on I could come back and keep getting more food without having to pay through the end of the 3rd. That makes me want to pay a little more to eat there every game instead of eating outside the arena for less. Eat more, load up, and buy team sweats, fatty.
Yes and this year you can just grab can/bottle drinks out of the fridges they have there. Come by and see me sometime when you are at the buffet. My seats are very close to it. Btw, you appeared to be moving very well around buffet last night.

Last edited:
I don't know, but he didnt need to mill about. He could at least be seen at a game. Or be there at all. He came to ONE game last season - the Magic game.

Wow

Back