• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Two sweeps? Nine days with no NBA?

The main thing that sticks out if you’ve only made 9 moves. That’s fine if you have a good team that never gets injured. Otherwise, you need to move players around to create space for roster moves. For example, if you have a player out on Thursday who doesn’t play until Sunday, put that player in IL+ and pick up a player playing Fri/Sat.

Today, you have 5 injuries but you could move Williams to IR, Bojan and Sharpe (out) to IL+, and move Siakam and Murphy (GTD) to positions. Then pick up someone playing tonight and Sat or Sun.

I’ve got to look through the numbers in detail to look at your categories.

I enjoy the Windy/FattyScoops/Perk/Malika countdown, but really you could just put Malika on TV and I'll sit there slack jawed.

Ish getting some quality run tonight. Jake had 12/4/1 in 19 minutes. The Grizz signed a former two-way wing who started today, Vince Williams, Jr. Not good news for Jake. Hope they move him by the deadline.

Seeing some talk of the Warriors trading Kuminga and Wiggins for Siakim. Are the Raptors trying to collect Canadians?

Wemby with 26/11 tonight in 20 minutes. Most points this season in 20 minutes or less. That's after getting a triple double in 20 minutes last game. I hate the minutes restriction and he probably won't play against Juice's Bulls tonight. I did see someone discuss one positive. It forces him and his teammates to look for his offense. They know he only has a few minutes so they don't waste time. Today he had 11 straight points to start the 3rd quarter which put the game away.

Last edited:
I can barely hear the boos in that clip. But if Juice booed him, I can believe it. I know why Bulls fans hate Krause but damn. Dude traded for Pippen and made sure Jordan and Pippen had plenty of talent around him.

boos were loud

only person in the inaugural ring of honor booed

Phil Jackson got the most love, but mostly because Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman weren’t there in person

Didn't have a chance to watch spurs v hornets last night so watching now. And I've not watched Ball play much.
Tonight he has been a low key jack ass. Full on shoves people in the back and out of bounds then gets upset when it's called. It gets away with it a bit.

I’m a homer so I want to ask the board: how good do yall think these LA Clippers are?

Does it matter how good they are now? It only matters if Kawhi and PG are healthy for the playoffs and if Harden is motivated.

Obviously that lineup playing at their ceiling could beat anybody in a 7 game series.

Scoot had 33/7/9/3 in a loss to the Suns. Shot 11-31 from the field though.

He's having an up and down season. He'll be a good player though.

Last edited:
Tonight’s Clipper loss really highlights how important Zubac is to the rotation.

Ant Edwards is so damn good

The Hawks led the Spurs 69-34 at the half. It's now 99-93 Hawks with 3:30 left.

Are the Warriors done? Full squad loss vs. the Grizzlies minus Ja, Smart, and Bane (and Adams and Clarke). Currently in 12th in the West. Allowed two G-Leaguers to go off for 24 and 23 each.

If any team should tank, it's the Grizzlies. Figure out the young talent and get a good lottery pick. A healthy squad should compete for the West next year.

Are the Warriors done? Full squad loss vs. the Grizzlies minus Ja, Smart, and Bane (and Adams and Clarke). Currently in 12th in the West. Allowed two G-Leaguers to go off for 24 and 23 each.

If any team should tank, it's the Grizzlies. Figure out the young talent and get a good lottery pick. A healthy squad should compete for the West next year.
yeah the warriors are done barring a Siakam trade

Giving up Wiggins and Kuminga for Siakam would effectively be giving up on the whole idea of a smooth transition to the next generation. No disrespect to the solid young players they have now, but they wouldn't have a young core they could bulid around while the old core goes into retirement. But they can't throw away Curry's extended prime.

they screwed up the transition by drafting wiseman and kuminga

I think Kuminga could be good

they seem to have stunted his development trying to win now

2021 draft was pretty weak -- maybe GSW should have picked Wagner, but who else from the first round was a big miss drafting at #7?

Back