• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Nuggets/T-Wolves Game 1; Cavs/Magic Game 7; Lakers fire Ham

Also kinda excited to see how this Nugs-Wolves series plays out. Joker vs Gobert, Ant vs Murray, Kat vs fouling. Which of MPJ’s siblings will take the fall to propel him to new heights in this series? Let’s go, I’m ready.

Just got back from Cavs-Magic. The only people on the court I'm 100% confident will be in the league in 5 years were Paulo, Franz, Mitchell, Garland, and I guess Mobley and Strus. The rest of the lineups were super meh.

Paolo and Franz are such a good forward combination at 21 and 22 years old. But they can't just keep drafting guards hoping to hit on one. Anthony is ok. Suggs is fine I guess. Black barely plays. They should be in the market for a PG more than any other team in the league. Fix that and get a rim protector/rim runner and they'll be right there with the Knicks behind the Celtics in a few years.

Mobley was so bad. I haven't seen him play that much, but I generally thought he was pretty good. I could not believe how bad he was offensively today.

Suggs might be the best perimeter defender in the NBA, man. That’s better than fine, imo.

The idea is that they have 4-5 facilitators on the court at any given time (e.g., point Paolo). You don’t want a guy who is gonna take the ball out of your stars’ hands, especially when they pass as well as the Magic do.

It’s a new kinda team.

ETA: I’m pretty sure they would have beat the Knicks in a series, too. Magic were on pace to finish 2nd before dropping a few games late.

I get that it's a new kind of team and Paolo and Wagner are nice playmakers. They started a PG, three wings, and a big last night and basketball stayed with that lineup much of the game (Suggs, Anthony, and Fultz combined for 75 minutes). But they could do better than Suggs as a playmaker too. And they really need a better starting big than Carter.

But you've probably seen them more than I have (thanks, Bally's) so I defer to your opinion.

Last edited:
I really like how the Mavs built their roster around Luka and Kyrie. Seems like more teams should go that route than traditional “big 3.”

I get that it's a new kind of team and Paolo and Wagner are nice playmakers. They started a PG, three wings, and a big last night and basketball stayed with that lineup much of the game (Suggs, Anthony, and Fultz combined for 75 minutes). But they could do better than Suggs as a playmaker too. And they really need a better starting big than Carter.

But you've probably seen them more than I have (thanks, Bally's) so I defer to your opinion.

Yea I see center as a much bigger need than guard. Isaac and MWagner are both better than Carter.

They’ve got a ton of young guys 1-3, and they’ve got a good record of developing young guys. It’s an interesting situation where the team is wayyyyyyyy ahead of schedule compared to a lot of the young guys on the roster. The book is still wide open imo on Black, Howard, and Houstan

I love this squad, man. They’re gritty as hell.

Yeah. Paolo and Franz could be the next Tatum and Brown of the East.

It’s such an exciting time in the league.

Help me out. Is this all the full-time starters 30 or older in the 2nd round?

KCP
Conley
Gobert
Kyrie
Jrue
Siakim

KAT loves to do some dumb fouling.

Edwards is incredible.

Wolves steal this one and…

It was the “worst trade in NBA history” a year ago and Utah looked like they’d take advantage of it.

Looks like the Magic just ran out of steam.
Seems unfair to play Game 7 40.5 hours after Game 6 ended.

Back