• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference semifinals; Lakers hire JJ Redick?

Compared to the valuation of the franchise?

ETA: the idea that franchises can appreciate and costs can inflate, but salaries have to stagnate might make sense when you’re exploiting a white collar work force, but doesn’t really track in sports imo
Devin Vassel just got the biggest spurs contract in history. Just an amazing explosion. Good for them. It's just a big change.

Devin Vassel just got the biggest spurs contract in history. Just an amazing explosion. Good for them. It's just a big change.
yea it's a lot, but the league has also changed a lot

i was watching winning time and it dawned on me that contracts are like any other commodity. when things get expensive and you're a core part of that organization's success, then the money flows. led by our guy CP3, the player's union got the goods and the biggest wealth generators are now getting paid

Yet Okongwu only got 4/62. I would have thought him and Jaden McDaniels were close to the same level.

Awesome, he was great backing up LaMelo during his last stint. Plus, we get the added bonus of Eric Collins return to the "Livermush Bros" shoutouts with him and Cody Martin for Cabarrus and Davie Counties, respectively.

So Jokic worked out and played basketball a few times a month then came out and dropped a triple double on the Lakers in his first regular season game. Love this dude.

Warriors coming off a short postseason is still my pick this year.

Feels weird seeing Frank Vogel on the Suns' sideline instead of Monty.

"Eric Gordon missed his first 7 threes tonight..."

that made me lol

this dwight howard story is wild

Lines like this make me chuckle...

According to the three-time Defensive Player of the Year, the sexual acts that happened that day were all consensual.

Why the need to drop a "three-time Defensive Player of the Year" reference in an article that has zero to do about Howard's play on the court?

Back