• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference semifinals; Lakers hire JJ Redick?

Which they didn’t do when the NBA was not physical in the 80s and 90s?
Back then they were pushing to the limit from a toughness perspective. Now they are pushing to the limit from a performance perspective. I think the latter makes you more prone to injuries because bodies are moving so much faster.

That’s a good point. But that performance push is supervised and mediated by professionals who are also tasked with keeping them healthy and able to play. So are they excelling at one task and failing at the other?

That’s a good point. But that performance push is supervised and mediated by professionals who are also tasked with keeping them healthy and able to play. So are they excelling at one task and failing at the other?

Have always wondered why we are supposed to believe that steroids and other performance enhancing drugs weren’t prevalent in NBA at the same time they were prevalent in MLB.

The way the average body-type changed from 1984 to 1998 was just remarkable. But a lot of it was bulk to play a physical game.

The average 6’8” and taller guys in the NBA probably cover 1.5-2 times as much distance as they did 25 years ago.

Hopefully no more big names go down.

I mean I think injury prevention is just a hard thing to get right in a game like basketball where 7 footers with guard skills are throwing their bodies and contorting at full speed and going against guys who are doing the same. Bigger bodies moving faster equals more force and bigger lever arms on muscles and tendons.

it is now the age of player empowerment and they know they are getting support to sit until they are 100 percent healed . 90% is not good enough. That’s a gross oversimplification but it sure feels that way sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76ers are soft
Yeah, but it was a game until late with a hobbled Embiid who reinjured himself. NYK ain't all that. Does any team in the East even get a gentleman's sweep against Boston? The West is where all the interest is.

I haven’t seen the Mavs play that bad in a long time. 8 points in. The quarter and shooting almost 20%

I’ll be surprised if Nuggets or Celtics lose more than 4 games before the Finals. Barring injury.

West is much tougher but Nuggets are clearly the best team. Assuming they meet in the Finals it should be a good one and Celtics’ 3 point percentage probably decides it. They will have to light it up at least 5 times to stand a chance. Celtics’ home court advantage for potential game 7 maybe makes it a pick em but I’d take Nuggets in 6.

Cool to see the Bucks crowd hanging on every basket this early.

The Pacers should just sit the starters at halftime. They have no chance against Dame playing like this.

Back