• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference Finals: Celtics-Pacers, T-Wolves-Mavericks

Pistons-Jazz tied with 1 min left.

The Magic announced on Inside the NBA that they're retiring Shaq's jersey. First one in franchise history. Well-deserved.

Spurs down 3 with the ball and 17 seconds left.

Wemby vs. Giannis has been a fantastic matchup.

There are very few great coaches. Spoelstra and Ty Lue are the two that immediately come to mind.

Giannis stayed out of foul trouble and dominated that game, especially in clutch time.

Wemby is/was fantastic, but only played 26 minutes due to fouls.

It fascinates me the Spurs have all these #4 (Keldon/Vassell) or #5 (Sochan, Branham, Jones) best guys, they play hard, come up short every game, but can't land a star, yet, to play with Wemby.

There are plenty of disgruntled stars, I guess it's a $$ issue.

I mean, they also haven't had a free agency period or trade deadline to work with yet in the 2 months since Wemby has actually started playing in the NBA.

Wemby had 5 fouls but he’s on a 24 min restriction due to multiple ankle injuries. He played an extra 2 minutes because it was close.

He’s averaging 20 ppg and 4 bpg in the six games of the minutes restriction.

That's a big "if". Dude is 2 months into his NBA career and already on a Zionesque minutes restriction at 20 years old. We've seen first hand what bad ankles have done to LaMelo.

The Spurs are being overly cautious because there's not much to play for at this point. Wemby even checked himself back into the Memphis game after his 24 minutes were up.

Back