• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Games 3 and 4 weekend (8 games)

Must have been using one of those extra bouncy balls from the NCAA tournament.

In Western Conference #1 seed news, Thunder beat the Bucks. Nuggets lose to the Spurs. T-Wolves beat the Hawks.

So right now, each team is 56-25. Based on tiebreakers, here are the top 3 (Sunday opponent), it's T-Wolves (vs. Suns), Thunder (vs. Mavs), Nuggets (vs. Grizz).

Mavs-Clippers is locked in. The rest is in flux.

Last edited:
Agreed but how?

If you could rebuild the Warriors, how would you do it?

Let Klay go.
Trade Draymond
Trade CP
“Redshirt” Steph with some injury

Build around Kuminga, Podz, TJD, and see if Wiggins is washed.
I’d fire Kerr.

Even with Klay’s struggles this year, I highly doubt they break up the big 3.

Looney and Moody are solid NBA players getting essentially no minutes; trading them makes sense.

Warriors biggest weakness all season is defense (Klay had an huge drop-off here) and Kerr consistently plays bad defensive lineups. People (including Kerr) don’t realize how good TJD is - Warriors would’ve beat the Pelicans last night if TJD closed for defense in place of Klay or CP.

IMG_5188.jpeg

In Western Conference #1 seed news, Thunder beat the Bucks. Nuggets lose to the Spurs. T-Wolves beat the Hawks.

So right now, each team is 56-25. Based on tiebreakers, here are the top 3 (Sunday opponent), it's T-Wolves (vs. Suns), Thunder (vs. Mavs), Nuggets (vs. Grizz).

Mavs-Clippers is locked in. The rest is in flux.
Nuggets loss to the Spurs has big playoff ramifications

It gives a great path for Dallas or the 8 seed to the WCF

Pelicans got screwed

Yeah. I didn't have the Thunder or T-Wolves making it that far before this. But matching up against the more experienced Lakers or Warriors would be tough for both teams.

“Future Clippers” is no joke.

How did Josh Primo do in the G-League?

Solid but unspectacular and then he had a season ending ankle injury so he got cut from his two way

Still can’t believe the Spurs watched all those Alabama games and took Josh Primo when Herb Jones is exactly the kind of player they need.

I think I would vote Luka for MVP this season. Kinda surprised he doesnt have more traction although I think I'm cool with Jokic winning again.

I think I would vote Luka for MVP this season. Kinda surprised he doesnt have more traction although I think I'm cool with Jokic winning again.
I think there would be more traction for Luka if the Mavs didn't hover around the #8 seed most of the season.

The NBA and WNBA have conquered the pro sports landscape by making sure we never have to go more than a few days without professional basketball. The Las Vegas Aces won the WNBA Finals 3-1 just four nights ago and here we are getting ready for the season to tip.

As usual, there are plenty of lingering questions to answer this season and several have to do with KD, Harden, and the Sixers.

How will the newest big three of KD, Booker, and Beal fare in the stronger Western Conference?
A dangerous 6 seed.
Will Harden ever play for Daryl Morey again? Is Harden yet another future Clipper?
No and yes.
Can Embiid maintain MVP form and do it for 65+ games to meet the new awards standard?
Very much yes, but no.
Will the current Clippers, especially Kawhi and PG remain healthy top-tier talents?
Yes.
Will the reigning champion Nuggets stay at the top of the West and can Jokic stay at the top of his game? Can Jamal Murray or even Aaron Gordon make their first All-Star game? Will the young talent adequately replace Bruce Brown and other vets from last year's team?
Yes. No but does it even matter? Probably?
Will the Bucks' or Celtics' improvements on paper manifest over 82 games AND into the NBA Finals?
No and yes. We'll see.
Who will emerge from the next tier of the Eastern Conference? The Knicks? The Cavs? The Nets? Does the regular season even matter to the Heat?
Yes. Yes. Definitely not. Not sure. I think Riley breaks up the Heat if they don't pull off a first round upset.
Will Lebron ever truly decline? Can the Lakers stay healthy and contend for the top of the West?
No. He'll have a longer NBA career than Bronny at this point. Yes but no. If you told me the Lakers would get 70+ games from Lebron and AD, I'd think they'd do a little better than the #8 seed.
Will the Warriors core decline? Does CP3 come off the bench?
Yes and yes.
Will the Thunder, T-Wolves, Jazz, or Pelicans make the leap? Or could Wemby, Scoot, or the Rockets mix of youth and vets vaunt them into playoff contention?
Yes, yes, no, and kind of. No.

I think there would be more traction for Luka if the Mavs didn't hover around the #8 seed most of the season.
On one hand I get this, but on the other people don’t dig enough. Mavs top lineup has third to least minutes played together of any team in NBA. And their top 9 guys all missed considerable time this year other than Luka

It’s a testament to Luka they climbed to 5. And they have an almost .750 winning percentage when Luka and Kyrie both play and are top 5 net since deadline

They would project out as a top 2/3 seed without the injuries (and even with injuries they finished with 7th best record in NBA)

Minny and Suns locked at 3/6. That will be another fun series

Edwards is not great against the Suns. 42 points on 45 shots and 0-3 against them this year

For the record I’m fine with Jokic as MVP. I just hate that oddsmakers and straw polls are making it a runaway. I think SGA and Luka both deserve more respect than runaway MVP vote for Jokic

Feel like Clippers and Mavs lucked out big time getting OKC at 1

Denver potentially has to play the worst two teams in terms of matchups for them in Suns/Minny in round 2

On one hand I get this, but on the other people don’t dig enough. Mavs top lineup has third to least minutes played together of any team in NBA. And their top 9 guys all missed considerable time this year other than Luka

It’s a testament to Luka they climbed to 5. And they have an almost .750 winning percentage when Luka and Kyrie both play and are top 5 net since deadline

They would project out as a top 2/3 seed without the injuries (and even with injuries they finished with 7th best record in NBA)
I think people tend to lock in their MVP vote in March. If people didn't do that, I think SGA and Luka would have a much better chance than they actually do.

Mavs tickets for games 3 and 4 go on sale tonight. Dates are TBD. What are the options here? I am scheduling something for work in Dallas.

ETA, I cannot go to a game on the 27th, so better to get tickets for game 3 or 4?

Last edited:
I’m going to a conference in Denver around Games 1 and 2 of the WCF. Still feeling good about my chances of seeing a Nuggets home game.

Back