• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Games 3 and 4 weekend (8 games)

The Lakers have played 180 games since the start of 2022-23. So they are +5.65 per game in FTA? That’s insane.

picking GSW pre-season not looking so bright, but at least they made the play-in

Now I'm not going to say Paolo and Chet are the best #1 and #2 picks of all-time. But I don't remember many top two picks having this much impact this quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing them in their first playoff series.

Now I'm not going to say Paolo and Chet are the best #1 and #2 picks of all-time. But I don't remember many top two picks having this much impact this quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing them in their first playoff series.

This would be an interesting thing to look up. Cause I can think of a lot of guys who make a difference this fast but not many who were #1 and #2

Right. Plus, I'm not talking about a one-year turnaround either. I don't have a crystal ball. But I expect the Thunder to contend for championships going forward. That's mostly due to SGA and the rest of the roster and draft assets, but Chet will be an anchor of those lineups. He may eventually surpass SGA as the best player on the team. I expect the Magic to stay in the playoffs too, even though they have a lot of question marks in the roster aside from Paolo and Wagner. I haven't seen Mosley get much credit for the job he's done.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think any East series will end up being interesting, and I see Cleveland and Milwaukee exiting quickly. Whereas every West play-in and series look interesting. Mavs/Clips is must watch, and it'll be the 1st time I've ever rooted for a team that Harden has played on - hate Doncic and Kyrie worse.

Yeah, that will probably net him a fine, but he is 1 of the best personalities in the game.

hoping for good health throughout the playoffs

Cleveland is a team that at full-strength is very good, but has had a lot of games missed by their top guys

if they stay healthy and shoot well, they could give the C's a problem (if they get past Orlando)

Team USA for the 2024 Olympics

Team USA, looking for its fifth consecutive Olympic gold in men’s basketball, selected LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker and Jrue Holiday, as well as Anthony Davis, Bam Adebayo, Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Haliburton, sources close to the players told The Athletic.
Teams are permitted to take 12 players to the Olympics. Kawhi Leonard is the leading candidate for the USA vacancy with Paul George, Paolo Banchero, Mikal Bridges and Jalen Brunson also under consideration, sources told The Athletic.

The team is pretty old but should be the gold medal favorites. The host country should be right behind them. Just checked and our old friend Jaylen Hoard is currently on the French national team. There are no NBA players on it and he's the 3rd C, so he probably won't make the Olympic roster.

In coaching news, the Nets are hiring Kings assistant Jordi Fernandez.

Looks like Giannis will be out for at least the 1st couple of games, just like last year against the Heat. Bucks already had enough trouble with the Pacers during the season, losing 4 out of 5 . Honestly don't expect this series to go more than 6 games with the Pacers winning, but I hope I'm wrong.

Looks like Giannis will be out for at least the 1st couple of games, just like last year against the Heat. Bucks already had enough trouble with the Pacers during the season, losing 4 out of 5 . Honestly don't expect this series to go more than 6 games with the Pacers winning, but I hope I'm wrong.
The weird thing about the Bucks/Pacers series is that all 5 games were played by the beginning of January. So, yes, the Pacer have dominated the matchup this year, but they have not played for more than three months, after they played 5 games early in the season.

Back