• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Cavs/Magic and Clips/Mavs Game 6; Lakers fire Ham

same idea -- giving up maximizing competitiveness in the short-term (keeping paul george) to maximize assets for the future
Except that wasn't the Sixers' goal. The Sixers' management's goal had nothing to do with #assets other than in the hashtag world. Their goal was to con the fans, that's all it ever was. They sucked ass at drafting and running a team, and they knew it. So they bought themselves years of $$, zero pressure, continued support, and delusional happy fans by openly kicking the can down the road under the con that it was some grand winning strategy. Not surprisingly Sixers fans, who are on average complete fucking morons, fell for it.

Look back at that those draft picks. They were absolutely horrible, both at the time and in hindsight. They had no idea what they were doing, all they cared about was snowballing the excuses. Draft injured guys super high, then sit them for a year (three times?). Draft a ROY, trade him away. That was not all coincidence. Wild picks and busts. It was never about building a winning team or being competitive, it was only ever about creating an acceptable backdrop to ignore complete failure. Pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. Hell, Embiid is the only one they got wrong (right), because he was supposed to be oft-inured and a career excuse, but he actually became really good when finally on the court. Once he started dragging them to some success, the pressure reappeared and a change was made. But the con was great while it lasted.

I've been waiting for this all day. If the Knicks ever win another championship the city will burn to the ground.

On this Six Trophies podcast, Knicks fan Jason Concepcion said something like, "Every win from now on is accompanied by the Knicks version of Jan 6."

The Lakers fired Ham.

my memory is that Ham was pretty coveted coming from the Bucks

will be curious to see where he lands from here

coaching a lebron team is not easy, but Lue and Spo did it and have shown they can do well enough without him too

my memory is that Ham was pretty coveted coming from the Bucks

will be curious to see where he lands from here

coaching a lebron team is not easy, but Lue and Spo did it and have shown they can do well enough without him too
I don't see LBJ leaving LA. But do you think he could go to the Clips? But the trouble there is Kawhi's health issues are worse than AD's.

Back