• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Celtics advance, T-Wolves survive for now

Also Haliburton talked way too much trash today for someone who was a no show for half the series

I think Dallas matches up better with Minnesota than Denver

But Wolves have that magic feel to them.

This series will be low scoring. Minnesota was top ranked defense in regular season. Dallas was top for last 20 games of season and has been top so far in playoffs (against two top 4 offenses from regular season)

yeah and Celtics will be rested and waiting in the Finals (probably)

God I hope the Hawks, Wizards, and Rockets screw this up and don’t take him.

Last edited:
Is there a national discussion I'm missing about how two seasons ago, the Jazz had Conley, Mitchell, and Gobert and decided they needed to rebuild, but the T-Wolves had Conley, Ant, and Gobert plus KAT and good rotation guys (including NAW from that Jazz team) and made the WCF? Because if the Jazz were a more high profile team, I feel like that would be an indictment of Mitchell and the Jazz front office.

Also given how the Cavs and T-Wolves are doing, the Jazz blew it up for a bunch of picks in the 20s. The odds of any those picks falling in the lottery are pretty low.

Fascinating that GG Jackson made 2nd team All-Rookie despite only playing 29 minutes before mid-January. Ausar Thompson peaked early but had a solid season overall.

I don’t think Mitchell can win a game on defense like Ant just did. To be fair, not many can do that and still be a threat to drop 40+. That’s a big difference. Also KAT and Naz, because Gobert is sometimes vulnerable. It might not be a condemnation of the Jazz, who seemed to struggle with insane shooting teams like the Rockets and Warriors. But the Wolves roster is unique in this era and it’s paying off which could start a new trend.

I mean they lost to Denver by 2 in a game 7 with the supporting cast of Royce O Neal and Joe Ingles. Swap KAT and Jaden McDaniels for those two and I think they manage to get another 3 points.

I mean they lost to Denver by 2 in a game 7 with the supporting cast of Royce O Neal and Joe Ingles. Swap KAT and Jaden McDaniels for those two and I think they manage to get another 3 points.
Right. So why blow it up instead getting a better supporting cast? I think more people would be asking these questions if the Lakers blew up team that was hanging around the top of the West for several seasons and then one of their trade partner made the WCF.

Right. So why blow it up instead getting a better supporting cast? I think more people would be asking these questions if the Lakers blew up team that was hanging around the top of the West for several seasons and then one of their trade partner made the WCF.
well one of the reasons the Wolves were able to get a better supporting cast than the Jazz was because you're comparing Ant on a Rookie deal vs Mitchell on a max deal.

Yeah. That was the first season of his max deal. But the other seasons they fell short with rookie deal Mitchell.

Right. And based on the Markannen rumors, it seems like he wants to blow it up again.

Back