• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Mavs-Celtics Finals; 11 years, $76 billion TV deal

Outside of Olajuwon, Duncan, and Jokic; almost all biigs end up with a game that is frustrating to watch.

Outside of Olajuwon, Duncan, and Jokic; almost all biigs end up with a game that is frustrating to watch.
hmm...I can think of a bunch I like(d)

just not into foul-seeking hoops at any position -- I'd rather watch Shaq bully ball than the arm swingers

Embiid is fun to watch work the pick-and-roll though because he's so versatile -- it's just all the flailing otherwise that's annoying

Fortunately for the Embiid game haters it doesn’t work in the playoffs. They’re not calling the touch fouls and falling for the head flails when the game is in Boston or Milwaukee or Miami.

Also his midrange and three point game are fun imo. He had some big dunks tonight too.

He currently has 46 against the league’s #1 rated defense but

Another 50 piece for Joel Embiid. 35 for Maxey.

Townie, do you think they need a third piece to contend or are they fine with what they've got?

I love the starting 5. Tobias is a great third scorer. Batum seems to be the first frontcourt guy who knows how to throw an entry pass to Embiid. Melton is a great role player.

If we aren’t going to go all out for another star, and I’m not sure we should, getting a backup ball handler would be nice. PatBev running the second unit is a mixed bag.

But for the first time ever I’m not worried about the backup C, and Nurse will get a lot out of long athletic guys like Oubre and Covington and Reed.

I don’t know if it’s a championship caliber roster. The Cs are dark magic, some fun teams out west. But I am having more fun with this team than any Sixer team since the Jimmy season.

If that’s a Doc game, when we went down 6 in the third, we’d panic and throw up on ourselves and throw the game away. Instead we were able to sit Joel for a long stretch in the 4th and win comfortably. Feels good man.

It's time for the All-Star rosters to expand to 15. 12 is just too small. Here are the sure All-Stars on each side.

East
G Haliburton
G Dame
FC Tatum
FC Giannis
FC Embiid

West
G Luka
G SGA
G Steph
FC Lebron
FC KD
FC Kawhi
FC Jokic

Only 5 more guys in the West between Ant, AD, Bane, Book, Gobert, PG, and two very good rookies in Wemby and Chet.

Back