• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

I still think they take a corner or 2, but Veach’s specialty is finding corners in later rounds.

Don’t think the Chiefs have THAT big a need at CB. They’ve invested a lot of pics in corners/safeties in past 2 drafts. Just my thinking as to why I’d like them to move up to get the player they want, whether it’s WR, LT, or Byron Murphy.
Thomas is the 4th best WR and ranked above that next tier of WRs and should go in the 15-25 range. Rice will be missing games this year, and all they really have then is Hollywood. Someone in that next tier will be available at 32 like Mitchell, Franklin or McConkey. I think McConkey could be really scary with Mahomes.

I think the Giants stay put and take Nabers. It's possible they trade up with NE to get Maye if the Redskins take Daniels, but I'm good with Nabers.

I think the Panthers invite Biff's ejaculations by taking Ladd (don't call me Phil) McConkey at 33 and then they take BPA at 39 which is hopefully a CB, OL, or LB.
Chris Fallica (the former ESPN tout) claims to have 'inside' info that the Giants are taking Rome Odunze if he is available when they pick; specifically, that the Giants like Odunze over Nabers. Have no idea if Fallica's musings have any credibility.

i don't know shit about scouting football but i'm not convinced maye is actually very good

i like the ceiling for rattler over nix and penix for the non-first round guys

i don't know shit about scouting football but i'm not convinced maye is actually very good

i like the ceiling for rattler over nix and penix for the non-first round guys
I'm not sure of any qb (last one I thought was really good was Lawrence, and he has only been slightly above average), but I believe in Maye more than Daniels.

tiny sample size, but a tape of daniels' pro day went viral and it was bad

i liked his game in college though -- who the fuck knows??

Chris Fallica (the former ESPN tout) claims to have 'inside' info that the Giants are taking Rome Odunze if he is available when they pick; specifically, that the Giants like Odunze over Nabers. Have no idea if Fallica's musings have any credibility.
He very well could be right, a lot of people are saying they'll take Odunze as they already have Hyatt's speed so want some more size. I personally like Nabers a little more, but they both should be pretty damn good so I would be okay with Odunze.

Are there any Wake players with draft potential? Or are we all just watching for Hartman?

I am very much in the minority of Patriots fans who argue for Marvin Harrison Jr in the first. If you have the #3 overall pick and you want to get back to relevance you can't miss on your pick, and I am not sure that Maye or McCarthy are can't miss prospects. If the Pats take a QB in the first and fail to provide him adequate weapons or protection, he is going to end up just like Mac Jones, and the team will be in the same place 3 years from now as they are currently. Going into the draft, the Pats roster is weak at OL and RB and non-existent at WR, so to expect a rookie QB with a rookie HC to thrive in that environment doesn't bode well. So why not get a stud WR in the first and Penix or Nix in the 2nd. Let Jacoby Brisset take the lumps for the first part of the season and then see where you are with a young QB. If the 2nd round QB doesn't work out, then you go back into the draft or FA and find someone else, and hopefully by that point you have put enough pieces in place that the QB is in a better place to succeed.

Telling Drake Maye go out there and throw to Xavier Leggette and Kendrick Bourne behind a shoddy O-line doesn't scream come back to me.
The only reason I’d disagree is that the WR class is apparently so deep you could get a legit stud WR in Round 2. Then you have your QB and WR and it doesn’t seem like Penix will be around in Rd 2

Pro days, much like analytics, are for losers. Especially for the high level P5 guys, they have played in so many legitimate college football games, what relevancy is a pro day? Nobody needs a pro day to show them what Jalen Daniels' strengths and weaknesses are in a football game.

He very well could be right, a lot of people are saying they'll take Odunze as they already have Hyatt's speed so want some more size. I personally like Nabers a little more, but they both should be pretty damn good so I would be okay with Odunze.

Are there any Wake players with draft potential? Or are we all just watching for Hartman?
I think Carson and Mustapha have 3rd/4th round grades.

Of the QBs, I think Williams and Daniels will be legit franchise QBs. Maye has poor footwork much like Allen and LJ8 did, so he may need to sit for a while, but I think he'll probably become a franchise QB. McCarthy scares me in the top 10. I think he threw for 230+ yards like 4 times last year, and there were a couple of games where it looked like Harbaugh was scared to let him throw the ball. I think he's Danger, Will Robinson, but he's apparently zooming up draft boards. Sounds like Nix and Penix could go anywhere from 11-50s. I'm not really high on Nix. I really like Penix and want him to become a franchise QB, but most scouts aren't super high on him. And you mentioned Rattler. He was sneaky pretty good the last 2 years after being left for dead. Maybe Sean Payton passes on Nix at 12 and takes Rattler in the 3rd. I haven't seen Pratt at Tulane.

Of the QBs, I think Williams and Daniels will be legit franchise QBs. Maye has poor footwork much like Allen and LJ8 did, so he may need to sit for a while, but I think he'll probably become a franchise QB. McCarthy scares me in the top 10. I think he threw for 230+ yards like 4 times last year, and there were a couple of games where it looked like Harbaugh was scared to let him throw the ball. I think he's Danger, Will Robinson, but he's apparently zooming up draft boards. Sounds like Nix and Penix could go anywhere from 11-50s. I'm not really high on Nix. I really like Penix and want him to become a franchise QB, but most scouts aren't super high on him. And you mentioned Rattler. He was sneaky pretty good the last 2 years after being left for dead. Maybe Sean Payton passes on Nix at 12 and takes Rattler in the 3rd. I haven't seen Pratt at Tulane.
What QB has harbaugh ever had where he didn’t act like he was scared of him throwing the ball?

What QB has harbaugh ever had where he didn’t act like he was scared of him throwing the ball?
Yeah, Harbaugh likes running the ball. But you look at those 2 close games at Penn St and Maryland last year, and it appeared Harbaugh was legit scared of letting him throw, and they were almost solely running it in both 2nd halves. I mean, McCarthy might be a better QB in the pros with different coaching. I'm just saying he wasn't called upon to be the throwing QB guy in college, and that'd be a red flag for me. It's apparently not for Minnesota.

I think the Giants stay put and take Nabers. It's possible they trade up with NE to get Maye if the Redskins take Daniels, but I'm good with Nabers.

I think the Panthers invite Biff's ejaculations by taking Ladd (don't call me Phil) McConkey at 33 and then they take BPA at 39 which is hopefully a CB, OL, or LB.

Buying a jersey right now.

Huh. Oh well. I still don't think either of those guys is definitely better than Howell.

Back