• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

Yeah, Harbaugh likes running the ball. But you look at those 2 close games at Penn St and Maryland last year, and it appeared Harbaugh was legit scared of letting him throw, and they were almost solely running it in both 2nd halves. I mean, McCarthy might be a better QB in the pros with different coaching. I'm just saying he wasn't called upon to be the throwing QB guy in college, and that'd be a red flag for me. It's apparently not for Minnesota.
I’m not a huge fan of McCarthy but I think with a guy like O’Connell he can be a good to very good QB. Enough smart people like his tape that in the right situation he should do well

Harrison is a type of talent that can make good quarterbacks look great
Harrison, especially paired with McLaurin, can make a QB look awesome. The flip side is that any QB behind a Swiss cheese offensive line is going to look terrible.

Just take Daniels at 2. They have extra day 2 picks to stock up on the OL and WR..

Just a weird move for the WFT to bring in 4 QBs this late in the game, given they have been aware for more than three months that they have the #2 pick, and they have had repeated opportunities to evaluate the entire draftboard. Apparently, the move pissed off Daniels' agent, but he will get over it when/if the Commanders pony up a huge signing bonus. Still think Washington takes Daniels, but at a minimum, they want to make it look like they haven't made up their mind.

Yeah, I'm not getting what they were thinking. Did they take all 4 out bowling or some other group activity for team bonding, even though 3 of the 4 will be on other teams?

Still think they take Daniels. Then Zona's asking price is too high for the Vikes, so they take Harrison, and the Vikes trade with LAC. Then NYG goes with Nabors/Odunze and Titans take Alt.

The 2 constants in every mock draft I've seen have been Williams 1, and Alt to the Titans.

The Titans could have a sneaky offense next year. Levis showed promise, they signed Ridley and Pollard in the offseason, still have DHop, former first round WR Burkes will be going on his make or break 3rd year, Skoronski did well at guard last year, and now they will add Alt who by all accounts is the best LT in this year's draft.

millennials definitely do, we of the "jacked up" ESPN segment and Madden hit stick upbringing

Don’t think the Chiefs have THAT big a need at CB. They’ve invested a lot of pics in corners/safeties in past 2 drafts. Just my thinking as to why I’d like them to move up to get the player they want, whether it’s WR, LT, or Byron Murphy.
Is Rice eligible to play? Suspended for how many games?

If not, then they need a WR, RD 1 or 2.

Gay also gone means order could be:

OT, Wanya not ready
WR, no Rice?
CB, no Sneed
DT, several guys injured, will be out until?
LB, no Gay
DE, no Omenihu, injured

You need to stop the Ravens running game, and those defensive holes are concerning.

Is Rice eligible to play? Suspended for how many games?

If not, then they need a WR, RD 1 or 2.

Gay also gone means order could be:

OT, Wanya not ready
WR, no Rice?
CB, no Sneed
DT, several guys injured, will be out until?
LB, no Gay
DE, no Omenihu, injured

You need to stop the Ravens running game, and those defensive holes are concerning.
They have Mahomes.

Zach Wilson traded to the Broncos for essentially nothing (a late round pick swap).

There's no guarantee the Broncos are drafting a quarterback who ought to be on the field this season and the only other QBs on the roster currently are Jarett Stidham and Ben DiNucci. Sure they could trade up at great cost from their current #12 pick, but McCarthy is the ceiling currently. They're more likely to wind up with Penix or Nix, and the Vikings (#11) and Raiders (#13) also need a QB. Otherwise, they're looking at a free agent retread.

I'll take Nix and Penix over him all day. They've played a ton of college games and are probably readier to start than Maye and JJ.

Back