• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

So what do you want your team to do in draft?

I’d like Chiefs to move up to 18-22 range for Byron Murphy or Brian Thomas, or a LT.

It's amazing how little I care about the draft when my team is the worst team in the league and don't have a 1st round pick. I'm sure I'll read a lot of 2nd round mocks during the day on Friday though. The Panthers should probably trade down a bit get an extra 3rd round pick. They desperate need talent on both sides of the ball.

It's amazing how little I care about the draft when my team is the worst team in the league and don't have a 1st round pick. I'm sure I'll read a lot of 2nd round mocks during the day on Friday though. The Panthers should probably trade down a bit get an extra 3rd round pick. They desperate need talent on both sides of the ball.
And normally I’d be very excited with a new HC and 2nd year QB and yet

Most mocks have the Eagles taking a CB in round 1, and I have no argument with that. In the later rounds, I'd like a LB, WR, and some OL depth.

I think I've gotten used to reading up on the Panthers' draft picks and either:
1. Never hearing about them again (most Day 2 or 3 picks)
2. Getting excited about them briefly before they fall off (bunch of dudes like Horn, Chinn, even dudes like Kelvin and Funchess)
3. Believing they'll be part of the next core like Cam, Luke, Olsen, etc back in the day before they get traded

So the draft doesn't really matter.

The Cowboys need so much help on both sides of the ball that I have no idea what position they will attack in the 1st. Probably BPA at LT, LB, DT or maybe even a C or WR if the draft shakes out perfectly thru 23 picks (it won't)

Wouldn't mind them trading down to later in the 1st or beginning of the 2nd to pick up an extra 3rd or something like that. Due to the complete lack of activity in free agency, there are a lot of holes to fill in the draft.

Last edited:
Oh and in case anyone was wondering how well the trading out of #1 worked for the Bears last year. Maybe the biggest heist since Seth Rollins cashed in his Money in the Bank contract at Wrestlemania in 2015

Bears return for No. 1 pick in the 2023 draft ...
• OT Darnell Wright*- Looks to be a longterm starter at RT
• WR Keenan Allen*- Used 4th Rounder from eagles that they got moving back 1 pick from the Carolina #9
• CB Tyrique Stevenson**- Had an incredible rookie year
• WR DJ Moore
• First overall pick in 2024 draft- QB-Caleb Williams
• Second-round pick in 2025 draft

* trade of 9th pick in '23
** trade up from 61st pick in '23.

I am very much in the minority of Patriots fans who argue for Marvin Harrison Jr in the first. If you have the #3 overall pick and you want to get back to relevance you can't miss on your pick, and I am not sure that Maye or McCarthy are can't miss prospects. If the Pats take a QB in the first and fail to provide him adequate weapons or protection, he is going to end up just like Mac Jones, and the team will be in the same place 3 years from now as they are currently. Going into the draft, the Pats roster is weak at OL and RB and non-existent at WR, so to expect a rookie QB with a rookie HC to thrive in that environment doesn't bode well. So why not get a stud WR in the first and Penix or Nix in the 2nd. Let Jacoby Brisset take the lumps for the first part of the season and then see where you are with a young QB. If the 2nd round QB doesn't work out, then you go back into the draft or FA and find someone else, and hopefully by that point you have put enough pieces in place that the QB is in a better place to succeed.

Telling Drake Maye go out there and throw to Xavier Leggette and Kendrick Bourne behind a shoddy O-line doesn't scream come back to me.

I am very much in the minority of Patriots fans who argue for Marvin Harrison Jr in the first. If you have the #3 overall pick and you want to get back to relevance you can't miss on your pick, and I am not sure that Maye or McCarthy are can't miss prospects. If the Pats take a QB in the first and fail to provide him adequate weapons or protection, he is going to end up just like Mac Jones, and the team will be in the same place 3 years from now as they are currently. Going into the draft, the Pats roster is weak at OL and RB and non-existent at WR, so to expect a rookie QB with a rookie HC to thrive in that environment doesn't bode well. So why not get a stud WR in the first and Penix or Nix in the 2nd. Let Jacoby Brisset take the lumps for the first part of the season and then see where you are with a young QB. If the 2nd round QB doesn't work out, then you go back into the draft or FA and find someone else, and hopefully by that point you have put enough pieces in place that the QB is in a better place to succeed.

Telling Drake Maye go out there and throw to Xavier Leggette and Kendrick Bourne behind a shoddy O-line doesn't scream come back to me.

i have heard of a bunch of pats fans wishing they had traded for fields and drafted MHJ

The Bills need a WR to replace Diggs. All 31 other teams know the Bills will be looking for a WR so if they try to trade up to
get someone like Brian Thomas the asking price will be inflated.
I pray Beane doesn’t try to be cute and “outsmart” everyone by taking a position like DT. Double dip at WR if you have to. Hell, triple dip, just improve the WR room early.
Then late rounds get a safety and a couple o-linemen

Is the WFT really going to draft Daniels over Maye?
Schefter says yes, but yesterday, the Commanders hosted Drake Maye, JJ McCarthy, Jayden Daniels and Michael Penix for a day long group interview. It included an outing at a local Top Golf with the entire group. There are a number of theories going around, the dominant one is that they take Daniels #2, but others have hinted that they may trade back to get a 2nd first round pick (which why Penix was included in yestersdays group session). Don't think anyone knows, including the Washington front office, knows for certain what they are doing right now.

So what do you want your team to do in draft?

I’d like Chiefs to move up to 18-22 range for Byron Murphy or Brian Thomas, or a LT.
It's a deep T draft. Chiefs immediate needs are CB and WR. McConkey at 32 and Tampa at 64 would be a nice start.

NYJ need to take a T at 10. Take the best T not named Alt. There is a 0% chance Smith and Moses play 17 games each next year.

As a Ravens fan, I want us to trade back to the 2nd and get more picks. By resigning Madebuike to a big deal, we jettisoned a bunch of other guys. Getting a Roman Wilson or Ricky Pearsall then Amegadjie at 62 would be a nice start.

Sig, I'd take Daniels over Maye all day.

It's a deep T draft. Chiefs immediate needs are CB and WR. McConkey at 32 and Tampa at 64 would be a nice start.

NYJ need to take a T at 10. Take the best T not named Alt. There is a 0% chance Smith and Moses play 17 games each next year.

As a Ravens fan, I want us to trade back to the 2nd and get more picks. By resigning Madebuike to a big deal, we jettisoned a bunch of other guys. Getting a Roman Wilson or Ricky Pearsall then Amegadjie at 62 would be a nice start.

Sig, I'd take Daniels over Maye all day.
Don’t think the Chiefs have THAT big a need at CB. They’ve invested a lot of pics in corners/safeties in past 2 drafts. Just my thinking as to why I’d like them to move up to get the player they want, whether it’s WR, LT, or Byron Murphy.

I think the Giants stay put and take Nabers. It's possible they trade up with NE to get Maye if the Redskins take Daniels, but I'm good with Nabers.

I think the Panthers invite Biff's ejaculations by taking Ladd (don't call me Phil) McConkey at 33 and then they take BPA at 39 which is hopefully a CB, OL, or LB.

Back