• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

Worthy does not have small hands. Or does he?

He is also good in space, which is what KC values with all those quick passes. Drops appear to be a non-issue.

The Alabama game is where he separated from their secondary speed. I like Mitchell better, but KC saw something. I also like Polk a lot.

Chiefs still have Watson, so there is no need to draft McConkey.
I don't dislike Worthy - he's good. I just found it odd that KC took him when they already had Hollywood. Now if they take UVA's Washington, they'll have the trifecta. I also like Polk and McMillan - that UW WR corps was sick.

Howie Roseman is absolutely slaying this draft as usual. So are the Steelers. Getting 2 OL guys in the 1st 2 rounds was perfect for them, and then the 2 Wilsons fell to them in the 3rd.

I don't dislike Worthy - he's good. I just found it odd that KC took him when they already had Hollywood. Now if they take UVA's Washington, they'll have the trifecta. I also like Polk and McMillan - that UW WR corps was sick.

Howie Roseman is absolutely slaying this draft as usual. So are the Steelers. Getting 2 OL guys in the 1st 2 rounds was perfect for them, and then the 2 Wilsons fell to them in the 3rd.
I was a little disappointed in the Worthy pick, but they made up for it with the 2nd round pick. So far, i like it more than their 2023 draft.

Anyone who goes to a major event in Arlington Heights is spending most of their money in Chicago.

The other than that’s nuts is the city still owes over $600M for the last Soldier Field remodel
I'm not sure I agree with this statement. Tons of hotels and restaurants in that area and Rosemont, and it is a schlep from the city. I also love that museum campus area, which is undeniably a huge benefit for the city and draw for businesses in the area and will lose a lot of that draw if the Bears aren't there. Soldier field is pretty shitty and the remodel was a bad idea.

In any event, as I said, I would personally prefer Arlington Heights, but it's still a $5 billion project there, so I'm not sure what the monetary argument is.

Brocos trade up to take Nix. Sam Hartman listed as 7th best QB available. Wonder who he'd sign with as a free agent.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to do Arlington Heights and own their own stadium. Not having to split revenue with the city or state etc. it’s bizarre to me
I think it’s mostly because Arlington Heights has been slow to put up any real cash for the move. I think they thought they’d get more tax breaks and local support than has materialized.

Non-NFL question, if I wanted to learn more of the Xs and Os of football, from learning about different defensive schemes, to the difference between WR positions (z, x, etc), does anyone have any books or resources they recommend?

@cville deac psyched for Heisman Leary?
Nope. I'll take Cleveland's reject as our 3rd QB. But I liked what we did in the 1st 5 rounds, and Samac in the 7th could be our back-up C. Tampa was a steal in the late 4th. The only early pick I didn't like was Rosengarten. He's a bit light and weak at RT. I think we probably wanted Fisher, but Houston took him 3 picks earlier. I'd rather have taken a flyer on Amagadjie.

Back