• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jaylen Hoard on preliminary Team Olympic roster; Hamby has double-double in Sparks season opener

Ish was an elite dribbler and a better passer too

Appleby better scorer but not a top-end shooter
Ish was a marginal shooter. Particularly from NBA three point range. His big weapon is that the opposing team has 3 seconds to get ready to play defense and if they don't, he's shooting a layup.

I'm not sure ish was a better passer. Ty has very good court vision and awareness. He's been asked to do much more so his focus is often divided. Put him on a team and say "you don't need to score just lead the team." That's often where ish was.

I mean, Ish was the fastest player in the NBA. Appleby doesn’t have that level of speed.

He should make good money, just not in the NBA.
Agree with this. Can’t think of a recent player who was faster coast to coast than Ish at an level

Agree with this. Can’t think of a recent player who was faster coast to coast than Ish at an level
This isn't a question, but there's certainly an Answer. That's not recent though.

Ish is the type of guy who nobody should be compared to, imo. The same way every big, athletic QB with bad stats is now compared to Josh Allen, and back in the day every short RHP would get compared to Tim Lincecum, Ish is kind of a unicorn for short PGs who don't shoot too good.

That’s great! Thanks for posting. Getting cut could have started a career descent. Instead he came back much stronger.

Ish getting plenty of run vs. CP right now on TNT. Ish just threw an alley-oop to DeAndre Jordan that probably reminded CP of the Lob City days.

I guess Ish is the only Deac still in the playoffs unless CP comes back.

So what are we thinking for Bobi comps? Keegan Murray? MPJ? Davis Bertans? Danilo Gallinari? Robert Horry?

MPJ now or when he reaches his ceiling?

Bobi seems kinda like a Darius Bazley in terms of height/weight. Thinner and less athletic, perhaps with more skill upside. IDK.

MPJ was a blue chip freak from the second he checked into an AAU game, and was drawing KD-lite comparisons after the HS Adidas camp.

We can officially transition here for Bobi news, mock drafts, and other speculation.

Appleby participated in the Portsmouth Invitational last month.

In three games, Appleby averaged 9.3 pts, 1.7 reb, 3.7 ast on 50% fg and 1-4 from deep in 23 mpg. Can't find him mentioned in any write-ups.

Hamby released a scathing post about the Aces and how they handled her pregnancy. I have no idea how discussing pregnancies and what is off limits in the WNBA from an HR viewpoint, but if it’s even remotely the same, then the Aces are going to be in a world of issues.

The WNBA rescinded the Aces’ 2025 first-round pick for impermissible player benefits and suspended coach Becky Hammon for two games for violating Respect in the Workplace policies related to comments made by Hammon to former Las Vegas player Dearica Hamby, the league said Tuesday. Here’s what you need to know:

• After she was traded by Las Vegas to Los Angeles in January, Hamby alleged on social media and issued a formal complaint that she was traded due to her pregnancy.
  • The WNBA opened an investigation after Hamby’s complaint and interviewed 33 people, it said. It also reviewed texts, emails and other documents.
  • The rescinded draft pick is a penalty for promises of impermissible benefits in connection with negotiations for an extension with Hamby before she was traded
  • During the investigation, the WNBA said “several individuals raised additional concerns about the conduct of the Aces during the most recent free-agency period,” but the league was unable to substantiate any of those concerns.

Backstory​

Hamby, the WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year in 2019 and 2020, said she was told she was being traded because she “wouldn’t be ready and we need bodies.”

“Being traded is part of the business,” Hamby wrote. “Being lied to, bullied, manipulated and discriminated against is not. I have had my character and work ethic attacked.

“I remained transparent with everyone within the organization, and yet, my honesty was met with coldness, disrespect, and disregard from members of management,” she wrote.

Hamby has played in 242 WNBA games since being selected in the first round of the 2015 draft by the San Antonio Stars. She holds career averages of 9.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists. Hamby averaged 9.3 points, 7.1 rebounds and 1.1 assists during the regular season last year.

Hamby is in camp with the Sparks and is expected to play sometime this season. Her baby is 2 months old.

Back