• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread - Victor Wembanyama ROY, runner-up DPOY; Spurs pick #4 and #8

I have a hard time understanding the value of a 2nd. Can you package those 2nds to get back into back end of first?

I have a hard time understanding the value of a 2nd. Can you package those 2nds to get back into back end of first?
No. They could possibly trade a future 1st and #35 to get into the end of the first.

It's tough to put a discrete value on a 2nd rounder. Second-rounders are mostly trade filler. You can use a bunch of them to get a low-level rotation player. You can package them with a first and player to get a better player.

The Spurs have traded 2nd rounders in the last two drafts. Last year, they traded the #33 pick (the rights to Leonard Miller) to the T-Wolves for 2026 and 2028 2nd rounders. In 2022, they traded the #38 pick (Kennedy Chandler) for a 2024 2nd round pick (#48).

The Spurs have a bunch of developmental guys already. With two lottery picks in this draft and 2 to 4 firsts in next draft, I don't think them taking two 2nd round picks.

Hollinger has an interesting top 20, with Holland 1, Sarr 5, and Risacher 13. I’m a sucker for upside. I’d rather they take 2 upside guys and have a 50% hit rate than the filipowskis of the world.

Givony on the Combine coverage compared Risarche to Jaden McDaniels or Franz Wagner rather than MPJ. Plays good defense and is already an elite shooter. I'll take any of those comps. Take him at #4 and the best PG available at #8 between Topic, Dillingham, Castle, and Sheppard.

Risarcher would be nice but i see mostly Topic in mocks, which would be great. Risarcher looks like he might go 2 or 3. Having said that, if he slides I think Dillingham will still be around at 8.

Back