• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread - Victor Wembanyama ROY, runner-up DPOY

I love Pop. But i do wonder if he knows what he is doing this season. Is it his usual masterful plan, or is he guessing?

Charles Bassey is out for the season after tearing his ACL in a G-League game in which he had 30 and 13.

I think Barlow and Mamu come up to replace him and Wemby stays at C.

Last edited:
This team takes really bad shots and can't shoot. There's little effort to get good shots, especially good shots for Wemby. So he settles for too many jumpers if he gets the ball at all. Seems like the plan is just to give Wemby freedom to play. I'd rather him have a specific role and broaden that role as the season goes along.

Keldon is clearly better than Vassell at this point.

Last edited:
I saw your post and I couldn’t think of a better thread title to capture the moment.

Speaking of haters…

Keldon is clearly better than Vassell at this point.

Devin had a career high in points as part of a nice 36/6/3/2/1 line. Keldon still had 17 though.

Branham had 8 assists as the de facto starting PG. Tre didn’t even play.

Lebron was 0-5 with 2 turnovers with Sochan on him.

A lot of positives from this game.

More on Branham. He seems to be playing the role we were hoping Wesley would play.

Last edited:
I love Pop. But i do wonder if he knows what he is doing this season. Is it his usual masterful plan, or is he guessing?
Amazing I guess when Pop has guys like Duncan, Manu and Tony he is the best but get them retired and he has been at the bottom for a few years now. Same can be said for Belicheck when he had players like Brady and Gronk and was winning titles. Now there is no magic.

Amazing I guess when Pop has guys like Duncan, Manu and Tony he is the best but get them retired and he has been at the bottom for a few years now. Same can be said for Belicheck when he had players like Brady and Gronk and was winning titles. Now there is no magic.
Shh.... you're not supposed to say such things about Pop.

Not feeling good about Big Vic vs. Valanciunas. Seems like this squad is ripe to get bullied by him and Zion.

Last edited:
These type of plays happen at least twice a quarter. Wemby just made this one obvious.

But who do you drop? Champagnie hasn't been that good but he shot 5-6 from deep in 14 min against the Pelicans and 39% from deep overall.

The Spurs one #1 or #2 player in Wemby, some #4 or #5 guys in Vassell, Keldon, and Collins, a sixth man or two in Sochan and maybe Tre and the rest of the team including Cissoko and Barlow are back end rotation guys.

They need for Vassell and Keldon to improve to be #2 and #3 guys, draft guys who will become #2 or #3 guys in a few years, or trade Vassell, Keldon, Collins, and/or picks for a legit #2 guy. The last one is the best, most likely, and has the best chance of success. I don't trust the Spurs to draft a legit star in the low lottery or middle of the draft. The best two players they've drafted between the Kawhi trade and Wemby were Dejounte and White at the end of the 1st. So I'd much rather trade the picks for players and draft the supporting cast in the 20s.

For example, I'd do any of these trades in a heartbeat except Zion, especially Trae and Bridges.

The Spurs should not be trading for more picks unless the goal is to flip those picks for stars.

That I agree with. Unless they have a top 3 pick this year (likely) any pick should be traded to add proven talent now.

That I agree with. Unless they have a top 3 pick this year (likely) any pick should be traded to add proven talent now.
This is considered a weak draft. The most valuable pick the Spurs have right now and probably will have for the next 15-20 years is this year's pick. I'd strongly consider trading it, IF they can get a near all-star level player right now. That's the type of player the Spurs couldn't get with a poo-poo platter of future picks but they could possibly get with a pick expected to be top 3-5. Those picks don't come on the market often.

Dont want anything to do with Trae.
I'd definiitely trade for Trae. He's an elite scorer and assist man and wouldn't be expected to be the best player on this team long term. The Spurs could trade players, their own picks, and other picks for him and weaken the Hawks leading into 2025 (Hawks unprotected 1st), 2026 (Hawks pick swap), and 2027 (Hawks unprotected 1st).

Can the hawks through in a face transplant for him? He just looks like a dope. Though townie would probs agree and make the trade. #perfectspursdonk

Back