• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: #6 Wake Men Finish Team Season in the Final Four

Pow almost comes back at #5 but falls short. On to a third set there too

Wasn’t as painless as it looked like it might be, but way to respond after taking a punch in the 2nd sets. This seems like one of Bresky’s best coaching jobs, especially down 2 big pieces that he thought he was going to have this season.
I am amazed this team is in the final four. At the start of the season we looked like a top 20 team, maybe top 5 if Baylor transfer Adrian Boitan was cleared to play (he wasn't). But at that point I thought Capalbo would be one of our top 6 players, but he hasn't played a match all year. So this run has been very improbable. We have exceeded expectations all year, and we have won a lot of close matches. Very different from 2018 and 2019 when we would dominate most opponents. Super impressive. Let's beat Texas.

I am amazed this team is in the final four. At the start of the season we looked like a top 20 team, maybe top 5 if Baylor transfer Adrian Boitan was cleared to play (he wasn't). But at that point I thought Capalbo would be one of our top 6 players, but he hasn't played a match all year. So this run has been very improbable. We have exceeded expectations all year, and we have won a lot of close matches. Very different from 2018 and 2019 when we would dominate most opponents. Super impressive. Let's beat Texas.

You are probably aware but Bresky said this week that Capalbo had a season ending injury early on so he’s planning on coming back and playing his year for Wake next year.

Will we presumably be better next year since we got that rando transfer that we had to sneak in?

Top of Texas’ lineup is very good. Feels like dubs, 4, 5, 6 is the path.

this would be a great time for that 30 year old transfer to make his debut!

Back