• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #7, Women #37

lost 4-3. Kind of gave that one away

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

lost 4-3. Kind of gave that one away

Tough loss. But it was at #8 UVA, and they are back to back defending national champs. They also haven’t lost an ACC match in 4 years.

We won doubles (we’ve been very good at doubles this year) and won 3 first sets in singles. Then the rain came and we moved indoors. UVA then gained momentum and it was back and forth from there. The only real disappointing result was Koons at 6 singles.

The women absolutely destroyed Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough loss. But it was at #8 UVA, and they are back to back defending national champs. They also haven’t lost an ACC match in 4 years.

We won doubles (we’ve been very good at doubles this year) and won 3 first sets in singles. Then the rain came and we moved indoors. UVA then gained momentum and it was back and forth from there. The only real disappointing result was Koons at 6 singles.

The women absolutely destroyed Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, we lost like 4 or 5 tie breakers sets in singles any one of those would have probably won the match and then still had a chance to serve for the win and didn't win another game in that match.

I mean, we lost like 4 or 5 tie breakers sets in singles any one of those would have probably won the match and then still had a chance to serve for the win and didn't win another game in that match.

We also won a tiebreak to win the doubles point. That's what happens in really close matches.

Nice win for the ladies losing the doubles point and 4 of 6 1st sets against top 30 ND and coming back to win 4-3.

men beat baylor yesterday
And ladies a nice win at syracuse who just beat ncsu

Last edited:
Really good win for #6 Wake men over #16 NC State this afternoon. DK Suresh with a big 3 set win at 1 singles to clinch the match. Filo played 3 and lost quickly, which is odd. I wonder if he's a bit injured?

The Wake women are currently ranked #33 and played at #6 UVA tomorrow.

The ACC championships conclude this weekend. The Wake men made the semifinals and lost a really close match to FSU. Wake was down 0-3 and came back to tie it at 3-3. Wake won 3 third set matches, all of which Wake lost the first set, but Matthew Thompson lost in a third set at 3 singles. FSU just beat UVA for the first (and last?) ACC championship ever in men's tennis. UVA had won 4 straight ACC championships and 2 straight national championships. Impressive stuff from FSU. The Wake men are currently #7 and I think will stay there, so they will host a regional and super regional, if they get through.

The women lost to Duke in the quarterfinals. The Wake women are very close to the cut line, but I think they will make it in to the NCAAs as one of the last teams in.

Why did Luca pow play dubs against fsu but not singles?. He is a machine and has lost like 2 matches this year.

Never mind, hurt back in doubles

Last edited:
Back