• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #7, Women #37

Great 5-2 win for the men over #9 Columbia. The Lions beat UNC 6-1 recently, and they are always good, especially indoors. Pretty dominant win with 4 straight set singles victories.

The men lost at #1 Ohio State today,1-6. Holden Koons won a 3 setter at 5 singles - he's playing really well. He just wins. Wake also went to 3 sets at #1 (DK Suresh) and #4 (Matthew Thompson) singles. This was the first time DK played #1 for Wake in a big match. He's a great player to watch - 6'5" and comes to the net a lot. Ohio State is almost always the best team during the indoor season, and typically top 5 all year. Wake goes to #2 South Carolina on Thursday. Per usual, Bresky has Wake playing an incredibly tough schedule.

The women won two matches yesterday in VA, beating ODU and George Mason. ODU beat the Wake women twice last year, so that was a solid win for us.

just beat #4 s carolina. definitely better than expected this year.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Huge win for the team. Really good win for Filo - he was down a set and a break at 3-5 in the second and came back to win in 3 sets. He has struggled some at 1, so that should be big for his confidence.

beat mich 4-1 ita nationals. zona in the quarters

Last edited:
Looking good, but TCU will be tough. Is Franco Capalba healthy? I see that he is a ranked grad transfer but not playing.
Yep, #2 TCU will be really tough, but man, have I been impressed with Wake so far this year, and we have a chance to beat anyone.

I'm not sure about the status of Capalbo. It seems we have a pretty solid lineup at this point, but things might change once we move outdoors.

We're in trouble on all singles courts except 6. We'll need a major momentum shift to win this.

TCU defeats Wake 4-2.
TCU is obviously very good. They have won the last two indoor national championships. The Deacs exceeded expectations this weekend at the indoor championships. Looking forward to the outdoor season. They start at UGA, at UVA, at VT - not an easy schedule!

The Wake men are now up to #3 in the country and just went to UGA and beat an always tough Georgia team outdoors.

the women had a good weekend. they were ranked like 60th but went 2-1 against 3 top 30 teams.

Back