• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women finish 9th and Men 16th

gotta give 3 through 5 big props

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Nah more like beating Duke on the front 9 and losing to GT on the back 9.

But who cares. In this case we made the NCAAs!

Lady Deacs start the final step for the repeat on Friday (May 17). They already practicing in Carlsbad at the Kingdom:

Haas has been our coach since 1997. Is that a list that shows how many times during that span we qualfied for regionals and nationals?

The stat page says that Wake won the playoff at -1 for what that’s worth

Haas has been our coach since 1997. Is that a list that shows how many times during that span we qualfied for regionals and nationals?
WF has qualified for regionals every year, except for 1999 (and the COVID year when it was cancelled).

WF qualified for nationals in

1997, 2000, 2001, 2003; 2005-2009; 2011, 2014, 2016, 2019, 2021-24

WF has qualified for regionals every year, except for 1999 (and the COVID year when it was cancelled).

WF qualified for nationals in

1997, 2000, 2001, 2003; 2005-2009; 2011, 2014, 2016, 2019, 2021-24
To not make the NCAAs (top 30 teams) 7 out of 11 years from 2010-2020 is almost impossible with our pedigree, facilities, AP scholarship, etc. But yes, the last few years have been much, much better.

To not make the NCAAs (top 30 teams) 7 out of 11 years from 2010-2020 is almost impossible with our pedigree, facilities, AP scholarship, etc. But yes, the last few years have been much, much better.
I don't know but wonder how many programs have made it more times since '97?

So was there a playoff and what happened? Congrats to Jerry and Aaron and the entire team!

Someone close to the men's team just texted me that the players read all of the encouraging posts on this thread out loud to each other on the putting green in order to calm their nerves before the playoff.

Great job, ogboards!!!
Thank you for your service of being our only good poster

Playoff Results versus BYU
Hole 10 (par 4)

BYU Max Brenchley 5 (+1)
Wake Forest Michael Brennan 4 (E)

Hole 11 (par 5)
BYU Zac Jones 5 (E)
Wake Forest Marshall Meisel 4 (-1)

Hole 12 (par 3)
BYU Peter Kim 3 (E)
Wake Forest Scotty Kennon 3 (E)

Hole 13 (par 4)
BYU Cooper Jones 3 (-1)
Wake Forest Tom Haberer 4 (E)

Hole 14 (par 5)
BYU Keanu Akina 5 (E)
Wake Forest Collin Adams 5 (E)

Total Scores (One hole played)
BYU 21 (E)
Wake Forest 20 (-1) – Wake Forest wins the playoff

Someone close to the men's team just texted me that the players read all of the encouraging posts on this thread out loud to each other on the putting green in order to calm their nerves before the playoff.

Great job, ogboards!!!
Screenshot or gtfo.

Since my neg vibes seemed to work to get us through to the NCAAs I'll just say why the excitement when we will just get teased when it matters most on the big stage??? Haas and our boys in slacks can't get it done when it matter most!

Playoff Results versus BYU
Hole 10 (par 4)

BYU Max Brenchley 5 (+1)
Wake Forest Michael Brennan 4 (E)

Hole 11 (par 5)
BYU Zac Jones 5 (E)
Wake Forest Marshall Meisel 4 (-1)

Hole 12 (par 3)
BYU Peter Kim 3 (E)
Wake Forest Scotty Kennon 3 (E)

Hole 13 (par 4)
BYU Cooper Jones 3 (-1)
Wake Forest Tom Haberer 4 (E)

Hole 14 (par 5)
BYU Keanu Akina 5 (E)
Wake Forest Collin Adams 5 (E)

Total Scores (One hole played)
BYU 21 (E)
Wake Forest 20 (-1) – Wake Forest wins the playoff

I guess they need to change their magic underwear.

Back