• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women finish 9th and Men 16th

It’s unlikely but if we could somehow shoot 6 over or better tomorrow we would have a shot. Rachael has had a tough spring until the ACC and Macy is hitting the freshman wall but wow she’s been amazing this year and is our next superstar.

I think Carolina’s score counted today and if so she had a triple on a 140 par 3. Get those strokes back and we would have a great chance.

I don't think +6 will make up 8 shots over 4 teams. I think that will require a score much closer to par, maybe under par if the course plays relatively easily like it did on day 1.

My hope is that there are a few teams above us that will feel the pressure to make match play. College golf is funny…you make up 5 or 6 shots on one hole.

if everyone shoots the same as today, looks like the cut line would be at +23

Apparently there is a "NIT" version in Men's golf called the Golfweek NGI tournament for the top 10 teams that didn't qualify for the NCAAs. And Washington St won with a -41 score. Belmont finished last at +27 which is a 68 stroke difference. That is a crazy number difference for a 3 day tourney. WSU won by 19 shots, so maybe they just played some ridiculous golf.

*There is also a women's event as well. Rutgers won in a much more competitive event, finishing at +13 to win by 3 over UNCW.

The WF women (+20) are paired with Duke (+19) and USC (+14). WF played USC for the Natty last year, and this year both teams are fighting to climb into the top 8. Oregon and Auburn currently tied for 7th at +12. Time for the Deacs to play their best round of the year. The Deacs first player, Brooke Rivers, tees off at 10:41 (PDT) am today.

Good to have USC in the pairings...beat them and we'll be in the running.

I literally disagree with that because I hear it all the time from people who were in school in the 70’s when I was there. Many act somewhat about our “old days” of golf like Miami Hurricane footballers from the 70’s & 80’s expect their football to get back to the thug days of Schnellenberger, Johnson, Davis, when they had no academics.
Golf has changed dramatically in the past 10-20 years, just with the plethora of fantastic teen golfers available for schollies. Combine that with the 4.5 limit and I just don’t see huge dominance anymore.
Well, obviously I was talking about people on this board, since that is where we are having this conversation - and I haven't seen anyone here with those kind of expectations. I don't know what idiots you talk to on a daily basis but anyone expecting us to achieve dominance like we did in the '70s has no clue about reality.

+4 early on the day, 5 spots out and 12 back of a logjam at +12. It’s getting late early. Come on ladies!

8 bogeys or worse already against just 2 birdies. Yuck.

Going the wrong direction... Not enough depth this year, it seems like. We have 2 girls +6 already so we are pretty much screwed... Getting back to the top 15 in the country is nothing to sneeze at but I am sure they are disappointed...

Going the wrong direction... Not enough depth this year, it seems like. We have 2 girls +6 already so we are pretty much screwed... Getting back to the top 15 in the country is nothing to sneeze at but I am sure they are disappointed...
Guess it's a depth issue, but Carolina Chacarra was a 2nd team all-American last year. This year, in the NCAA Championships, she is 71st (+14) in a field of 82. In what may be her final round of the year, she went out and shot 42 on the first 9. To lesser extent, Rachel Kuehn hasn't been as strong this year.

Also, we have two great freshman in Macy Pate and Brooke Rivers, but both have struggled in this tournament. That's golf.

Fighting their ass off. -2 over their last 35 or so combined holes -- have stabilized at +5 for the day and +25 for the tournament. 11th place and 7 shots back - while a few teams (Northwestern!) are doing the golf equivalent of pouring gasoline on themselves and lighting themselves on fire down the stretch. May be too late, but could get close.

Goal should be to get into ninth and hope a team falls apart down the stretch

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Back