• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21; Men's ACCT April 19-22

Clemson has an on-campus course. It's a putt-putt and part of the football complex, but still...

Far be it from me to give any credit to Clemson university, but their on-campus course (Walker Course) ain't too shabby.

It's nowhere close to OTC, but when I played it a few times years ago it was an above average university course.

Who bribed golf magazine to put OTC #41. Sorry Dunlop, it was cute getting them in the top 100 on occasion but ahead of Winged Foot & Bandon? Let’s get real.

The running joke is further highlighted by OTC’s complete omission from the top 200.

Like all things WF, we “settled” for what was already there. A private club (you can’t walk to fenced up) & a civic center to showcase our only real sports.

The decline was predictable.

DR, you need to stay in your lane and focus on issues where your arguments at least pass the red-face test.

After two rounds, Jennifer Kupcho is tied for 16th in the US Women's Open at the Olympic Club in SF.

I used the link provided to review the Top 100 courses. Has anyone reading ever played Pine Valley Golf Club in Clementon, NJ ? It has been ranked #1 the past five years and 29 times in the past 37 years. Has it ever been the host to a Major?

Reading this post as a self admitted golf sicko is amazing. I love it.

Cam Young is the medalist at the Purchase, NY Sectional Qualifier. Headed to Torrey and the US Open.

Reading this post as a self admitted golf sicko is amazing. I love it.

Pine Valley is often rated the best course in the world and is surrounded by mystique. It has never hosted a major and I doubt they want one since the club would have to admit women and minorities. Pine Valley opens once yearly the 3rd Sunday in Sep't for spectators to attend the George Crump Memorial Tournament in honor of the course designer. I believe the course was carved out of the same Pine Barren's real estate in which Paulie and Christopher got hopelessly lost in a famous episode of the Sopranos.

Former Wake golfer, Katie Rudolph, is the coach for Megha Ganne, who led the women's US Open for two rounds as an amateur this past weekend. Ganne will attend Stanford this fall. Rudolph is also the coach for the NYU Violets men's and women's golf teams.

WF freshman Michael Brennan is the first alternate out of the Woodmont (MD) qualifier. He bogeyed 18 to miss a playoff for the final spot.

Pine Valley is often rated the best course in the world and is surrounded by mystique. It has never hosted a major and I doubt they want one since the club would have to admit women and minorities. Pine Valley opens once yearly the 3rd Sunday in Sep't for spectators to attend the George Crump Memorial Tournament in honor of the course designer. I believe the course was carved out of the same Pine Barren's real estate in which Paulie and Christopher got hopelessly lost in a famous episode of the Sopranos.

Former Wake golfer, Katie Rudolph, is the coach for Megha Ganne, who led the women's US Open for two rounds as an amateur this past weekend. Ganne will attend Stanford this fall. Rudolph is also the coach for the NYU Violets men's and women's golf teams.

Apparently they just voted to extend membership to females at the end of April.

Do alternates typically travel to the US Open and play practice rounds or do they just do their best to hustle to the venue if they get the late word that they are in the field?

Do alternates typically travel to the US Open and play practice rounds or do they just do their best to hustle to the venue if they get the late word that they are in the field?

In 2017, the USGA started allowing alternates to play practice rounds. Before that, they just had to hustle. I'd guess it depends on how far down the alternate list you are, and if you're cool spending the money for flights, hotels, etc. with not a great chance of getting in.

Alternates are typically ranked, so usually the ones at the top of the list will show up. At one point in the past, I think the USGA restricted access to the course by the alternates during practice rounds, but that limitation has since been adjusted due to uproar by the players/alternates. (thanks tigerswood, couldn't remember the exact date that policy changed).

I mean, John Daly got into the PGA as a 9th alternate back in the day, so you'd think anyone who has a shot to possibly get in the field will at least show up on site if they have the means....

Alternates are typically ranked, so usually the ones at the top of the list will show up. At one point in the past, I think the USGA restricted access to the course by the alternates during practice rounds, but that limitation has since been adjusted due to uproar by the players/alternates. (thanks tigerswood, couldn't remember the exact date that policy changed).

I mean, John Daly got into the PGA as a 9th alternate back in the day, so you'd think anyone who has a shot to possibly get in the field will at least show up on site if they have the means....

Daly also drove from Memphis to Crooked Stick on Wednesday after getting the late news, hired Nick Price's caddy (he pulled out after having a kid), played zero practice rounds, and won the tournament. Something like that will likely never happen again. Epic.

My dad is a member at Pine Valley, it’s an awesome course but certainly not peerless.

Daly also drove from Memphis to Crooked Stick on Wednesday after getting the late news, hired Nick Price's caddy (he pulled out after having a kid), played zero practice rounds, and won the tournament. Something like that will likely never happen again. Epic.

Sqeaky! "Grip it and rip it"

Plus, he was probably hung over each day. Amazing.

Back