• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21; Men's ACCT April 19-22

Lopez Chacarra with a stretch of six holes in seven under par. Rest of the team failed to make a birdie on the front 9 thus far (though only 1 bogey) and a four total holes left to finish/post.

Tourney finished this morning. Lady Deacs crushed. Lady Deacs set a program record for lowest 54 score to par: -45. That is the 2nd best 54 score for any women's program in NCAA history.

Image_from_iOS_30_.jpg

Carolina Chacarra also had the low individual score shooting a ridiculous 62 in the final round. That is lowest competition score by any WF women's golfer ever. She racked up 18 birdies and an eagle in 54 holes. Think about that.

https://godeacs.com/news/2022/2/8/womens-golf-chacarra-wake-forest-break-records-in-ucf-challenge-win.aspx

The men are the next to play. They play next Monday (2/14) in LA in the "Genesis Showcase" which gives college players the right to play their way into PGA Genesis Open in LA that weekend. Two college players will be paired with a PGA player in a best ball format. The low college player gets the invite to the PGA event that weekend. Very cool: https://genesisinvitational.com/collegiate-showcase/

I really wish they sold the hats the golf teams wear, M+F. I'd buy the shit out of the performance deacon head hats.

In a semi-crazy twist - it looks like Carolina's brother (and ex-Wake now current Okla St golfer) Eugenio also shot a 62 in his final round to win a men's tourney out in Hawaii just a couple of days ago. If there was a world brother/sister better ball tourney - I think my money would be on those two.

Congrats to Michael Brennan on winning the Genesis Invitational Collegiate Showcase by 2 strokes. Now he plays this weekend. He seems to be our next Zalatoris.

Congrats to Michael Brennan on winning the Genesis Invitational Collegiate Showcase by 2 strokes. Now he plays this weekend. He seems to be our next Zalatoris.

If I'm not mistaken, he has won college tournaments at Pinehurst 2, Kiawah Ocean, Colonial, Old Town, and now Riviera, which is a collection of crazy good courses. 3 of those have hosted fairly recent majors (and Colonial did a long time ago and obviously hosts a current Tour event.)

Brennan has the last tee time of the day tomorrow in the Genesis Open. It's a limited field event, and the field is stacked: the top 10 players in the world are all entered. FWIW, they upped the purse this year, and the winner gets $2.1 million (not sure if Brennan can accept a purse money now or not under the most current NCAA rules). Even with a deep field Brennan is not paired with brightest lights on the tour. He's playing with David Lipsky and Jaekyeong Lee. Would be awesome if Brennan made the cut. Both Zalatoris and Cam Young are in the field; so, the Deacs will be well-represented in LA.

Last edited:
Brennan has the last tee time of the day tomorrow in the Genesis Open. It's a limited field event, and the field is stacked: the top 10 players in the world are all entered. FWIW, they upped the purse this year, and the winner gets $2.1 million (not sure if Brennan can accept a purse money now or not under the most current NCAA rules). Even with a deep field Brennan is not paired with brightest lights on the tour. He's playing with David Lipsky and Jaekyeong Lee. Would be awesome if Brennan made the cut. Both Zalatoris and Cam Young are in the field; so, the Deacs will be well-represented in LA.

That is a question that need not be answered yet, as Michael Brennan didn't make the cut.

WF men having a rough outing in Panama City, FL as WF finished 12th out of 14 teams (WF did beat UVA and BC) in the Watersound Invitational. Top WF golfer Michael Brennan did not play in this event as he competed in the PGA Genesis Open last weekend. Brennan's replacement, BJ Rogillio, had rough second nine on his last round of the tourney carding a 43, including two doubles and triple. https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24573

WF men having a rough outing in Panama City, FL as WF finished 12th out of 14 teams (WF did beat UVA and BC) in the Watersound Invitational. Top WF golfer Michael Brennan did not play in this event as he competed in the PGA Genesis Open last weekend. Brennan's replacement, BJ Rogillio, had rough second nine on his last round of the tourney carding a 43, including two doubles and triple. https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24573

Not good.

I should pay more attention to our golf team.

Guess who is kicking ass today in Myrtle?

Our Women's Golf team is killing it so far at -4 for the day. None of the other 16 teams are under par. The ladies currently have a 5 shot lead. Carolina Lopez-Chacarra is currently tied for the individual lead as well. BTW, in the discussions about WF's coaches that deserve praise, let's not forget Kim Lewellen. The women's golf team has been good for years, but she has taken the program to another level.

20180829lewellen1126_Edit.jpg

Here is the link to live scoring: https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24780

Golf Channel is televising the event as well.

Guess who is kicking ass today in Myrtle?

Our Women's Golf team is killing it so far at -4 for the day. None of the other 16 teams are under par. The ladies currently have a 5 shot lead. Carolina Lopez-Chacarra is currently tied for the individual lead as well. BTW, in the discussions about WF's coaches that deserve praise, let's not forget Kim Lewellen. The women's golf team has been good for years, but she has taken the program to another level.

Here is the link to live scoring: https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24780

Golf Channel is televising the event as well.

That tournament is in Hilton Head.

In a semi-crazy twist - it looks like Carolina's brother (and ex-Wake now current Okla St golfer) Eugenio also shot a 62 in his final round to win a men's tourney out in Hawaii just a couple of days ago. If there was a world brother/sister better ball tourney - I think my money would be on those two.

still seems a bit unusual to me that eugenio (who is killing it) transferred from wake before his sister decided to attend here

The women are very good this year and stand to be better next year.
Their last 27 holes in Hilton Head have been amazing, including 4 strokes better than the second best team on today's round.

If this whole team is back, and you bring back Migliaccio, unreal. Natty favorites.

Back